The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, September 30, 2009







I can hear things being slid across the floor, and sawing and hammering sounds upstairs above me, so I know my Dear One is happily at work. We planned (actually I wished for) a larger bathroom space. However, in order to do that, we needed to make one of the walls of the media room narrower, making it impossible to put a sofa and end tables in the spot planned for them. So - Paul is knocking down some of that section and redoing it. Of course there aren't any walls yet, just studs. Nevertheless, he has such patience. The first picture shows him working in that area. The second one is of the view from the attic over the garage down into the woods. The third is the part of the attic where the picture was taken.








I learned something about blogging. Once you write something and publish it, you can't take it back. Just like a word spoken cannot be taken back. Case in point: I made a typo, yes, Lue - it was a typo!!! that she was 88, not the 78 years young she is. Paul caught it when he read it and told me. I immediately went to Edit, changed it to 78. Well, I guess those who read my real blog can get that change. Those who get it via e-mail, cannot. At least that is my assumption. Anyway, sorry Lue - and I'm glad you've forgiven me...Also, we all enjoyed Lee's Grace prayer..."And we all hope Aunt Lue celebrates another birthday next year."




We all sure hope so, Lue!








Yesterday I went to Bath for a hairdresser appointment and started the day earlier than usual because I had some errands I needed to do beforehand. One involved getting a gift certificate from a store at the mall. However, the store didn't open til 10, and I needed to be in Bath at 10:30. I was amazed that I got to Bath on time without speeding...much. I brought a sticky-bun home for Paul from The Chat-A-Whyle Restaurant which I see he inhaled this morning for breakfast. Good for him. Not necessarily, but glad he enjoyed it.








As everyone who knows me, knows that I love to read a good book. So, I have taken to looking at Amazon.com's which has their own Bestseller list and The NY Time's Bestseller List. Each title is followed by up to five stars. The ones that have four or five stars and interesting title, will catch my eye. If it looks interesting, I'll read the reviews. The ones that are there for a long time can have as many as 500 reviews . No...I only read a couple. They give a synopsis of the plot and why they think it's good. Then I'll go to Sam's Club and see which ones are there. Sam's has a good supply at a good price. If not, I'll check on the price at Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.com. Paul is reading The Help which I was sorry to finish, wishing it would go on forever.
Would anyone like to know which books I've read and recommend?
Guess that's all for now, folks! What's happenin' in your neck of the woods?
















1 comment:

Jil Wrinkle said...

My rule for blog post edits is that for a short while after creating a blog post, I can go back and do major edits that change the meaning/content of the post. Then, at some point (usually an hour or more) after putting up the post, I can make minor edits that don't change the meaning content of the post... just edit for clarity or grammar. Anything that would change the post for clarity or grammer is added as an "UPDATE" at that point. Then, after that, I usually leave posts alone, unless somebody makes a comment that requires a change, in which case I make the change with an annotation next to it.