The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pictures of Dean's Greenhouse and Ice Creamery. The colors of the mums were really outstanding but don't show up as well in pictures. However, I thought Jil and Nancy would like to see them.





We're at over-the-hump day here at the Woodsedge. I was just commenting in my mind to myself that these weeks are starting to rush by. Starting? Remember how slowly the time went when you were a child? Summers were endless. Now, you blink and they're gone.
My brother Bob and I did connect via phone for his birthday Monday. Just to be ornery, he said he opened his card early - on the 30th. He knows how to get my goat! Just as he knows I dislike him (or any man) wearing a hat inside. He'll leave it on til I can't stand it, and ask him to please remove it. It happens almost every time.

I got him on his cell as he and Marian, his good companion, were in the process of buying a new truck for her. Good for her! Anyway - he couldn't talk, but said he'd call me later, and he did...much later, but it didn't matter. It was so good to hear from him and hear what's going on in his life. Paul and I miss him and everyone down there.

Yesterday I went to Bath to have my Bath fix. Sometimes I miss my friends there a lot, and it makes me feel good to get there. I think that's the reason I haven't gotten a new hairdresser nearby here. I had a hairdresser appointment and was able to have lunch with Carol O. and Ruth and her mom, Emily, who is still there visiting from the Buffalo area. We found out that on Tuesday they have real turkey, and so we ordered their most delicious sandwiches. What a treat. Speaking of treats...

Carol and I even stopped at Dean's for a baby cup (the smallest you can get) of their delicious ice cream. Kerry's son, Jeff, (he looked like a teenager so he probably was of that age group) was taking orders at the counter. Carol could remember when he was 5 and invited Carol and her friend to "come swim in our pool." So - she related that to Kerry and Jeff. Moms get a kick out of little stories like that. Of course, Carol didn't take him up on it.

Paul has made me some stairs to get in to the hottub. The two that came with it really don't "make it". With my short legs, I had to straddle the tub and balance on top as I tried to get in. Then getting out, I had to reverse the procedure. Not good, nor a pretty sight. Now, I even have a bar to hang on to for getting in or out! I used both stairs and bar last night, and it was wonderful! There's even a higher area in the tub, where he put it near, so that I didn't have to fish with my feet to find the sitting area. That's a rather awful thought, isn't it. There just aren't any critters in there. For sure. The water is very clear and I haven't seen any.

Note: I wanted to take pictures of the steps, bar, but Paul just said he has just painted the steps, in the garage - grey to match the hottub. So - I'll wait til they dry and are put back.
I made a luxury purchase yesterday at JC Penney at the mall.
I bought two heavy hotel-style bathrobes that were on sale for half price. Boy, did they feel good last night. Now, I have to think of a way to wear mine back inside the house without getting it wet. I think that's an impossibility tho. We do have to put up some more hooks around. This hottub venture is snowballing. Is there a pun there? ...new steps, new bar, new hooks, new clock.

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

What you should get next is a nice heat lamp and a fan over the tub to blow warm air down on you so that you can enjoy your hot-tub well into the autumn.

Mom said...

Jil - A hot tub can be used all year long. I/we look forward to going in it in the wintertime. We'll need a woolcap, but our bodies should be warm enuf from the hot water that we can run inside and not get cold. (It's a short distance.) Our nice thick robes will help too. It'll be especially fun to go in when it's snowing outside at night.