The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, September 3, 2010

Here I am again!

Hello everyone.
Yes. It seems like a long time since I was here talking with you. And it has been. I'm feeling better and looking forward to all the good days I know are ahead.

This is the first time I've been a patient - other than childbirth - so many many years ago. I almost feel guilty when I think of those of you who have suffered so much more greatly. So, I'm trying to be a good patient with a lot of patience. Recuperation is not difficult. When you think of the alternative.

There isn't much news to report since I haven't been doing much, but wanted you to know I'm still here, minus my thyroid. Unfortunately, it was quite large, but (another unfortunately) even though it was quite large - I didn't lose any weight when I lost it.

I have a tongue infection. (thrush). We went to our family doctor this morning at 8:30 and got a prescription for it. Paul and I then went to my favorite drugstore - Walmart - where - we waited for over an hour to have the prescription filled. So we got some food shopping done. Good thing, because if we hadn't we'd have wasted a whole hour. We got back and sat and sat. Then the "helper' came out and told us they didn't have the medication, and wouldn't have it til Tuesday. Now, I have to give them some credit - I had called in a prescription refill yesterday which I was to pick up on Saturday. They had that all ready. BUT to wait for over an hour for the tongue med?

After we got our food shopping done, and on our way to the pharmacy, I suggested to Paul we go to the McDonald's inside the store and get a cup of coffee. Have you ever had McDonald's coffee and realized how HOT they make it? I couldn't drink it because of my tongue. Since they couldn't fill my prescription, they said they'd call another pharmacy for us. Good for them! Only had to wait another ten minutes to get that taken care of. By then my coffee had cooled off a bit. . . and I could sip it.

Gracie was home alone all this time - 8:15-11:00. We didn't expect her to be perfect, and she wasn't. We got home, had lunch, then I went to the new pharmacy, got my prescription - used it once, and believe it or not, it is helping!

I am on up to 2,000 mg of calcium every two hours. Yes. That's right. 2,000 mg. every two hours. This is until my parathyroid takes over the job of my thyroid. I know I need a dose when I become sweaty and jittery. This is all interesting to me. Because it's my own self I'm talking about. I hope I'm not boring the rest of you.

We were to go to visit my daughter Nancy this weekend, but I really didn't feel up to it, and I just wanted to be in my own home and bed. So we were able to postpone it til next weekend. As the saying goes - every day, in every way, we get better and better!

One thing I MUSt comment on - How much I appreciate Paul. I told Paul - "thank you for being you." And I meant it. He's been unbelievably helpful. But then, not unbelievably, but believably. What a guy.

So - here's lookin at you kid. What's happenin' to the rest of you in your neck o' the woods?

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Didn't you have a kidney stone and go to the hospital when I was young? I thought it happened while we were in Albany.

Mom said...

Yes. When you were little, I did have a kidney stone while we were in Albany
I did go to the hospital for it, but it didn't require an operation. I passed it on my own.