The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Dark Morning. . .Don't you hate those?

Makes me wish to be in Florida. It's still hot down there, though. We'll wait a while.

Wednesday is upon us - Paul is upstairs, he's finished mudding and the middle room looks really nice. Brenda called, which she often does on her way to work. It's nice because they're three hours behind us (of course) in California, so she had a chance to talk with her dad while her day is beginning . We'll miss them for Christmas here at the Woods Edge. But - we miss them all the time. It's good to look forward to seeing them in Florida. Little Bode will be there, so he and Gracie can renew their friendship also.

I believe I'm feeling much better the past couple of days. The calcium pills seem to be working. I did sleep late this morning. I dislike doing that, as it shortens the day up so, but I guess I needed it. BUT - There's so much less time to the morning.

Gracie had her fifth dog obedience class last night at Petsmart. The Great Dane wasn't there - she's only been there once, so it was much quieter in the "ring." The G D has such a deep bark. Only the chocolate lab was there and I could see an improvement in her obedience. This is her second time through the program. The first time they stopped it, for some reason or other, after two lessons.

Gracie is so funny - she scrambles underneath the shelving looking for food that store clerks drop. I would think that would be rather dangerous, but she's "still here. " She's learning how to deal with people and dogs. It's good for her. Her attention span is rather low, but believe it or not, I can see an improvement. We used a long leash, out in the aisles, to help practice paying attention when doing her assignments. There's usually a dog or two out there, and children also.

One thing we practiced in the ring, was "leave it," when there's something we don't want her to put in her mouth. Good for when she goes exploring underneath the store shelves. Very valuable for a dog her size. So many things can make her ill - very ill -( ex. grapes and raisins) but larger dogs would have a tummy ache but would survive. She might not. She loves everyone and so many people come up to her and want to pet her.

So - as you can see, not much is going on here - as far as me. I'm kinda still taking it easy, but feeling a lot better. Paul is doing a lot upstairs.

It's nearly noontime. I do have a couple loads of wash in progress that need to be taken care of, so I'm going to close.

That's all the news from here. What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: