The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good report from the doctor. . .

We are certainly having a beautiful September. It's hard to believe that Fall has arrived. I'm still in shorts.

Monday we went to Strong Hospital in Rochester to meet with my surgeon. We dropped Gracie off with Sharon at her office around 11:00. My appointment was at 1:15. The trip there was uneventful, but the parking garage was horrendous. I guess everyone at the hospital was out having lunch and coming back. A long line of cars. Stop and Go. When my blood pressure was read by the nurse - it was high. She said it was probably a reaction to the parking garage! (Usually my blood pressure is normal, but I understand that it also spiked during my operation. We've been keeping an eye on it here at home and it's been normal.)

The surgeon looked at the incision, removing the "bandage" which reminded me of rubber cement. It had been coming off on its own. I'm very pleased. He's very pleased. The scar is barely visible. It's in one of the folds of my "beautiful swan-like neck". For a year, I am to be careful in the sun as it will darken the scar because the skin is so "new". Florida - here we come - but I'll be aware of the sun.

I do feel ever so much better. I can breathe easier, and am sleeping better. I went to Curves yesterday for the first time in a month. It felt good to get the exercise.

Jil had a request of me. He wanted to order some items from Amazon and have them sent to him, but he didn't trust the Filipino mail system because, if they saw the Amazon box, someone might take it. He's asking me to order them and send them in a plain wrapper. So - I'm in the process. One item has come, two more are on their way. When I have them all, then they'll be re-wrapped and sent. Paypal is a great way to do business with someone lives in a different country.

An aside: I also can't get over how easy it is to call overseas now. When I went to Europe in 1963, you had to go through so many hoops in order for it to work. Same when Jil was an exchange student in Brazil in the 80's. Now you just dial the number and you get the person. Bingo. The world is just getting smaller and smaller.

Got my airline tickets to go to Chicago to help out when Dan goes away. It'll be so good to see my little granddaughter, my BIG four-and-a-half year old grandson, and daughter and son-in-law.

Gracie went to obedience class at Petsmart last night. This was the next-to-last class and she had her picture taken for graduation next week with her graduation hat on (?). We had to hold it on her because the smallest one was too big. We're not sure how much she's gotten out of these classes. She's always so hyper when seeing all the other dogs in class and around the store plus the people. Then she has trouble concentrating. I guess because she was "introduced" to several things and can kinda do most of them, the whole experience wasn't negative. Next week as a final test/exam, the trainer is going to put signs up near cones around the store. She has to do what the sign says. For ex: Leave it, loose leash walking, Stay, Release, Wait, Come, Puppy Push Ups, (sit, down, sit).

We left after her picture because she really wasn't listening and all it was was review. Sure reminded me of some of my students in school! Concentration is the key. She just gets so excited to see everyone. As we passed the check-out counter and were getting ready to leave, there sat a BIG two-year old bernase moutain dog! She was so calm, so in control as she sat there in line. Gracie was practically doing handstands trying to get to her. Her mistress said she'd gone through the training also. . . two years ago. All we could think of was: There's Greta at age 2!

So - I guess that's all the news from The Woods Edge. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: