The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, September 20, 2010

"The Wonderful Surgeon of Strong"

What a gorgeous late summer day. When I was teaching, I was kinda aware of how nice September was, but to be able to see it "in person" is quite a nice reward for teaching all those years in September. I think now September may be my favorite month.

We went to church yesterday for the first time in over a month. (We've been kinda busy!) I'm becoming quite fond of this new church we've been going to. Lots of hugs, etc. Good choir. Excellent organist/choir director. Too bad I've lost my singing voice, as I'd like to join. Not sure I want to do that as a tenor, however. There's a Bible Study beginning on Thursday mornings at 9:30. The timing is just right. We can still get to lunch with Lue at 12:00. I think I will go. Our new minister will be our leader, and it would be an opportunity to get to know her better, and vice versa.

Talked with Nancy last night. She's at the end stages of pregnancy and quite uncomfortable. I expect we'll hear from Dan some time soon that labor has begun. Anyway - I certainly hope so. Enough is enough. I have my plane reservations to fly out in October to help while Dan is giving a talk at a conference in Minnesota. He's flying out, staying overnight, and coming back the next day.

I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz. Nope -
I'm off to see the surgeon, the wonderful surgeon of Strong, today. It's my post-op appointment. We'll travel up to Rochester - a two hour trip, probably see him for 15 minutes, come home. It really makes you rethink that perhaps a hospital closer would have been as good. Although I think he was especially good. Gracie is staying with Sharon at her workplace. It helps that her husband is "the boss." She has an office upstairs with a couch that Gracie sleeps on, but she also follows Sharon all over too. We've put a nice potroast in the slowcooker, so when we come home later, the house will have all kindsa great smells!

We went to see Lee play football on Saturday. It was one of those gorgeous September days just made for football games. Now, I must say - I'm not too familiar with football terms, so I hesitate to describe a game. But here goes - Lee is quarterback for the JV squad and he played quite well. He had several long throws. However, the receivers (?) weren't quite there. The score was pretty bad in the other team's favor. Unfortunately, Lee hurt his hip in the final minutes of play. It was X-rayed and he'll be out of commission for a couple of days while his pulled muscle is allowed to heal.

Okay. That's all the news for now. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

For your postoperative visit, you probably could have asked your surgeon to forward your care to somebody here in the area. I'm sure they just wanted to check your surgical site and perhaps blood work. A local doctor could have done that and forwarded any questions or concerns to your doctor at Strong Hospital.

Mom said...

My surgeon wanted to see how I was doing. He was very pleased. Now I don't have to see him, except for a 6 month check-up or whenever I come back from Florida. I have blood tests to be done in 6 weeks. The results will be told to me over the phone. I have a regular endocrinologist who is near here whom I will continue seeing.