The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, September 24, 2010

Rattles Our cage. . .
















Friday, it is. I'll say the usual -Where has the week gone?










Paul is upstairs, hammering. He's working on the linen closet. I just went up there and took pictures. I had taken pictures yesterday or the day before, but I erased them because the library (our new name for the upstairs middle room) looks so much better since it's been painted a warm light beige than the white walls. Of course, I had to add pictures of Gracie. I hope taking her graduation picture doesn't jinx her graduating next week. heheheh. The one of her under the pillow sham was too cute to resist. I asked Paul what he was going to do when he finished the room upstairs, which is almost done. (He does like to keep busy. ) He thought a minute and then said. . . there's a lot to do outside. True.
Just got a call from Sharon. Would we mind taking care of Ida tonight. . .either at their house or ours overnight. Of course, we said - overnight. We love having her and the boys here anytime. My cleaning lady was here yesterday and had just changed the sheets in the guest room so. . . voila! Couldn't have been better timing.
I've joined a Bible Study on Thursday mornings at church. This is my chance to meet a lot more people. I was surprised that there were 18 people there at 9:30. A good group. We'll be studying different religions and I along with several others ordered the study guide/book. They had done this a couple of years ago in Sunday School, but it hadn't ever been in a study group. So it looks like several people hadn't been to the Sunday School sessions. I'm looking forward to it, although I won't be able to complete the series as we're planning on going to Florida early. Not sure of the date yet, and won't mention any more information on this blog anyway because of security.
The new minister is leading the group. She seems very capable and nice. There're three bible study groups - this one, one on Monday morning, and one on Tuesday evening. I was at the evening one last semester, but I hope this one will be easier to attend. The evening session was just too hectic - getting supper ready, getting there in time. I prefer my evenings to be more calm. And sarcastically I say - I think I can manage 9:30 in the mornings.
Nancy is swimming every day at Northwestern's pool after she drops Vincent off at pre-K. She mentioned on Facebook . . . when you're swimming, and get water in your ear, and you're 9 months pregnant, it's never a good idea to hop on one foot. The picture in my mind made me smile.
Lue and Greta stopped by last night on their way to a new dog obedience group in Corning. Lue dropped off some beets. . .bless her. They were even cooked! And they were delicious. Anyway - the three of us (Gracie included) had to come outside to see Greta, whom we hadn't seen in a while. Lue had all the seats down on her van like we do and Greta was caged in the back. How big she's gotten! But - she's listening better. Good thing. Gracie is a squirmer, but she only weighs 4-5 pounds. Greta is another story. Until Lue spoke to her, she really rattled her cage. . .figuratively and really. Gracie rattles our cage, too. Good pun.
Not much other news to report. So - what's happen' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: