The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am excited. . .!

I had the most exciting news this morning and I just have to share it with everyone!

I decided just for the heck of it yesterday to put my firstand maiden name into Facebook - and came up with about five people that have the exact same name! Everything was spelled exactly the same! The very top one had a lady about my age, with grey hair, on a motorcycle! Now, that in itself was a conversation starter. So. . .She seemed like she would be an interesting person to get to know, so I contacted her.

She lives in SC, and her family grew up in Minnesota, where her ancestors settled after coming from Germany. That is her maiden name also. She said she was on the motorcycle for a fund raiser-that bicycles were more her speed.
What a neat, neat thing. Can you tell I'm excited? Since my first name is spelled so differently from other people, it was a surprise.

Yesterday I went to lunch with my friends from school, Billie and Rosemarie, at the new hotel in Watkins. I had been there before, but not for lunch. They had me make the reservation which I did for 12:30. However, it slipped my mind - and I geared myself up to being there at noon, and I was berating myself for being late - I left the house at 11:45. What a pleasant surprise to arrive there early and was able to sit in the lobby and "people-watch." It was still rainy yesterday - lots of wetness outside. Too bad we couldn't sit outside and view the lake. But we had a nice table by the window and sat and talked for quite some time. It was a good visit.

Tonight is Gracie's third session with her obedience training. I must say, she's doing quite well with LLW (loose-leash walking). I took her out last night, and she stayed right by my side as we walked. But, as Paul said - she pulls on the way home. And I agree, as he also said, that when she's in class with other dogs, and walking around the store, her attention span is nil. Good experience though for her to be in that circumstance. I wonder if the Great Dane will be there for the first time, or if he'll be a no-show. I'd love to see her along side such a big dog. I think she may weigh between 4 and 5 pounds now.

Got a message from Jil responding to my vile medicine - he says it's iodine. Well, I should have thought of that. . .I thought it was an iodine compound. Maybe it is, but sometimes my brain gets "addled" LOL. It tastes fine in milk, when I can't taste it at all. So, it's not a hardship to take it. Thanks, Jil for letting me know.

So - that's all the news from this end of the world. What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: