The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Nice Visit from Old Friends. . .

Oh, darn - this picture is dark! When I viewed it, it was lovely. Guess I'll have to use a flash almost each time, not to trust the camera or my eyes to anything but. . . From L to R: Lucy, me, Carol H., Carol O., Meredith, and Cindy.

The view from the restaurant is quite pretty, but doesn't show of course in this picture! We're all facing the view of the lake.

So. . .Yesterday I met with my friends that I call the Curves Crew from Bath at our favorite restaurant in my neck o the woods. On the end of our Seneca lake here. Beautiful spot. I miss those ladies a lot, and going to Curves there and our coffee klatches afterwards each day.

Incidentally, I found out that the 10 miles I have to now travel is nothing compared to Carol and Lucy - who drive 18 each way to Curves from their homes on Keuka Lake to Bath. Three or four times each week.

There were six of us altogether, and we got a long table outside on the covered deck overlooking the boats on the lake. There was a nice breeze too. Good thing. On the way home, one of the outdoor thermometers read 90 degrees. We've had such a hot summer for this area! Last year the temperatures reached 90 only once. This year, it's been numerous times, and lengthy periods too! Carol O. also accompanies them which made me very happy.

No comments: