The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday

Here we are . . . the pictures promised of the bathroom . . .





The picture of the work-room reminds me of that children's book where you have to look for a certain subject in a very cluttered picture. I think it was called: I Spy. My title is: "Where's Gracie?" It kinda shows her size. We forget how small she is, until she almost gets lost in all the items in the work room.








I've gone to Curves three times this week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It really makes me feel better, and I'd planned on going today, Saturday. Lots of wash to do, and I did want to write, so not sure I'll get there today or not. Some Curves facilities close at 11:00 on Saturdays, some at 10:00 - this one closes at 2:00. . .a good sign that perhaps I'll get there after all. But we'll see.












Marcia and Hal stayed with us overnight, Thursday night, on their way to the Adirondacks to visit with their good friends from NC, Doug and Andy. Their "camp" is a two-story house. They stayed in our downstairs guest room. The bathroom looks pretty good, and is useable. But you can see from the pictures, there's a lot left to do in the middle room. We took them to our favorite restaurant in Horseheads, Tanino's. This is where we celebrated Paul's birthday, last October. Bob came up from Florida for it. He's planning to come for a visit this year too, with his good friend, Marian, and Martini, his little six-year old papillon. Some time this Fall. It'll be good to see them.




Wednesday, I got a phone call from the ENT doctor's office in Corning. Could I come in at 11:15 this Friday morning, instead of later on this month? Sure! Everything turned out okay, there. No problem with my voice box. Great news! I didn't particularly care for the ENT doctor. He didn't have much of a personality and had the nerve to ask me why I was going up to Rochester for this operation. I said because it was a good hospital. I was a little annoyed at this question. This was my choice. He didn't have much more to say. The procedure to look at my larynx was rather unpleasant, but I managed to not barf on him. Not that I wanted to. Much.


I did get to Curves this afternoon. I was the only one there at 1:00, but someone else appeared before I left. It's nice to be able to go on Saturday afternoon.



So . . . it didn't seem like we had much news here today. . .but I am wondering . . . how things are goin' in your neck o' the woods!












No comments: