The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Appointments: a Cause for Celebrating. . .

So far, this has been an interesting August. Why? Cause we haven't been able to plan anything other than a few days ahead, because of the doctors' appointments needed to be scheduled before my operation, which needed to be scheduled before my pre-operative appointments. I guess that makes sense if you read it a couple of times. My last appointment has been made with the ENT doctor - on August 23rd! So in regard to scheduling:

Got a phone call from my NC friend, Marcia. She and her husband, Hal, are planning to come to stay with us for a day, or a few days, this week on their way to the Adirondacks. They'll be able to beat the heat of their summer near the North Carolina outerbanks for a couple of weeks. I've been there in the summer and I swear that it's hotter there than Florida in the summer season. And my inner thermostat is usually quite honest, and can protest very well at that heat. I'm very happy to be here in the north, with a/c ing, thank you. How we love the Southlands in the winter, but in the summer it's a different story. I'm open to comments from all you southerners!

As of now, and it's probably written in stone - but you never know. . .we're scheduled to go to Chicago to see Nancy and her family over Labor Day Weekend. Gracie will go with us. Vincent hasn't met her yet, and I'm eager to see his reaction to her wiggles and kisses. Should be cute. Four-year old meets four (?) pounder! Should be worth some pictures for my blog.

Wow. Right now we're having rain overload. It's coming down quite heavily and is stopping just about as quickly as it started. It keeps the grass green, I guess.

Tonight is Gracie's first obedience class. We are due at Petsmart at 7:00 for an hour's lesson. There are a total of 8 classes in the series. Lue and Greta are more than half-way through her scheduled classes. It will be interesting to see how Gracie does.

Paul, I and The Little One went to Lowe's this morning to look for bathroom materials: towel hooks, toilet bar, shower rod, shower curtain. She got oo'd and ah'd at. We got some more wood flooring that matches the guest room floor. This will be added in the little hall outside the guestroom door.

Back home, I had my camera in hand to take pictures of the bathroom, but Paul said "Not yet." I said, "Isn't it a work in progress?" He agreed, but still "Not yet." How did I get so lucky to get such a wonderful husband? I look at the work he does and marvel. And thank my lucky stars.

So - that's all the news from this Woods' Edge. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: