The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Three Cheers for Rain . . .

Let's give three cheers for rainy Sundays! Well, kind of.
We needed the rain. This month we were supposed to have 3" and have just had .90" (these numbers are perhaps inaccurate, but close to the correct amount. ) We were supposed to have another inch which included last night's rainfall also.

Had a walk through memory lane today. Paul and I drove to Bath this morning. I played two songs at my old church, for their 10:00 service, and had a chance to see some very old friends. (well. . .not old, but good friends. They're the same age as me.) It is hard to believe that it's been three years since I was a "working" member of that church, and yet it feels like yesterday that I was there. Because of the rain, some friends couldn't make it. BUT I tell you, it did my heart good to be there. I did okay and even though the congregation was sparse, lots of people were happy to hear me play. Good. That's what I like to hear . . . that I gave them pleasure. Indeed.

Afterwards ten of us went to The Chat for breakfast. We almost had to split up because it was really crowded, but three ladies, also from church, (bless them) moved elsewhere, so we could push two tables. We were crowded, but that was okay. June, Marybeth, Carolyn, John, Peg, Ken, and two others, of whom I can remember their last name, but not their first! (lovely people) My Dear One is so good. I appreciate all he does - driving, listening, conversing with everyone. People he's gradually gotten to know.

I have started my pre-surgery medication schedule. I am off Mobic (a blood thinner), but have added three drops of a vile tasting dark red liquid to my meals three times a day. But I must admit, I can't taste it because they advised I put it in orange juice or milk. I hope it works to shrink my thyroid before my operation on Thursday. I really can't taste it, but it smells awful - undiluted from the medicine bottle.

Have had many well wishes. Can I say it again? It did my heart good.

We left Gracie alone today for a longer time than we usually do - and was she glad to see us when we came back! You'd think we'd been gone a week. I don't know why she doesn't turn inside out with all the wiggles her back end does. And the "kisses" we get. She sure is a pleasure to have here. She was pretty good. Just one item left in the walk-in closet because we forgot to close one of the two doors into our bedroom. As I said before, it was a long time for her to be alone and not walked. She never destroys anything. Not even a kleenex this time.

So - I need to go to the store to get some milk. Earlier, we wanted to get home asap for Gracie but it soon will be suppertime. Not too hungry, I must admit. But I need to take my evil medicine on a full stomach. Paul is upstairs nailing up sheetrock. He's so happy doing that. Good!

So - that's all the news from the Woods Edge. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

1 comment:

Jil Wrinkle said...

The red drops you are taking are called "radioiodine tracer." It's a low-level radiation compound that will be completely absorbed by your thyroid.

I think either it helps doctors figure out how active your thyroid gland is (by something called an "uptake scan"), or it will make your thyroid really show up on x-ray prior to the surgery.