The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Doctors' appointments, dog walkers, Fall clothingcirculars

What a mixed bag this post is!

How come it's so hard to get a medical appointment for a quick "lookover" when it's really really important?

I was on the phone yesterday with the girls (ladies) in my GP's office. They were to fax my surgeon "a note" saying they acknowledged the thyroid surgery needed.

And most importantly, find a pulmonary doctor who would give me a short most common physical. It shouldn't take long, I'd think. Then the anesthesiologist would be happy to "put me into the gentle sleep needed to keep me comfortable during the surgery." (Those are my quotation marks). They called two offices - the one, located in the complex that my GP is in, could see me in October. The other one - in Sayre, Pa. (1/2 hour away) could see me on Sept 10th. That was awful. . .since I wanted this operation within a week or so.

So - the GP ladies gave me the phone number of the Sayre Pa office so I could call them and plead my case. I called them and after talking with a lady at the office, she switched me to another lady - I think higher on the ladder - and she said since they didn't realize it was for a pre-operative procedure, she'd try her best to get me in earlier with a cancellation. Which is what the other said too, but I felt that perhaps chances with her were better because she was "higher up the ladder" (again, my quotes) . So - low and behold - at 5:00 the phone rang, and she had an appointment set for me this Friday at 1:00. I thanked her and thanked her.

Paul had an early morning (8:00) appointment at the car dealership for some recalls taken care of. Gracie is asleep (?) on the futon behind me. Whenever I turn around, she opens her eyes. She follows us everywhere. When we're both home, it's hard for her to decide where to be. She's been known to lie down at the top of the stairs where Paul is working behind closed doors waiting to spend time with him up there in this most interesting of places. He's found she will pull out small bits of insulation upstairs, so she's not allowed up there very often. Also - last night at bedtime, I facetiously asked Paul if he'd rolled out the toilet paper roll, since it was very neatly stacked on the floor. Of course, Gracie didn't acknowledge doing it, and I knew I hadn't. So. . .I wonder who. . .

I took her for her second walk of the morning to the doggie circle - Paul took her out first earlier. She's getting to be like the big dogs - she likes to walk in the middle of the street. Actually she prances on her extended leash. Kathy, our inveterate walker, greeted her, as always. She does 6 times around our road - 3 miles. Gracie strains when she sees anyone - a person or another dog. For ex: Chloey is the next smallest dog on the block. And she's about 20 pounds, part beagle. She lives next door. This morning they saw each other and both were straining to play. Chloey's mistress, Ann, is a couple of years younger than I. Ann says Chloey is strong and she has to be really careful in the winter of the ice, that she doesn't pull her and make her slip. Well, I'm glad we don't have that problem. Because we go to Florida, it makes it a short season for that. And Gracie's size makes it almost impossible.

Brenda just called. Emma's school started Monday, and she was taking her to school, and Brenda's starts next week. No wonder the newspapers are printing store circulars with school clothes in them. We forget that not everyone has the same school schedules as NYS and surrounding states. California and Florida start much earlier. Thus the August circulars print Fall clothes for them. I used to lament the early end to summer in the stores, but just recently I realized the reason.

So - I expect to go to Curves this morning, so I am going to close. It's 10 AM. Reminds me of - "It's 10 PM. Do you know where your children are? "(10 PM channel 5 NYC station every night would ask this.) Interesting times we live in.

So - that's all the news from here - What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods???

No comments: