The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Today is starting out as a dark and dreary morning. It was my turn to get up with Gracie and take her for her morning constitutional. I could hear her in the back of my mind, but it didn't register for some time. No problem. She's quite patient when she's inside her travel case. She's gotten used to it very well.

Not so, the metal cage we have in the kitchen where we feed her her meals. The door has to stay open while she's in it, or she whines. She's even uneasy getting in it - as if to say - I'm watching you. Don't close the door while I'm eating. Or I won't eat. I'll get out as quickly as I can. She is a bundle of energy in the morning. Really cute, running around the house. We close as many doors as we can, so we can keep track of her. Otherwise, well. . .you know. . .every once in a while. . .we have clean ups. After all - she's just 4 1/2 months old. But. . .She's doing quite well, thank you.

The month of June is filled with doctor appointments for Paul and me. These are the usual ones that occur for "old people" (although I don't know why I put us in that category.) This week we had two. Good reports from both. Tuesday was the skin doctor for both of us in Elmira, Wednesday I saw my gynecologist, Dr. Lin, in Corning. He is retiring this month. He started in Bath in 1980, 30 years ago, which is when I started going to him. He's a member of my old church, his kids went to school with mine, so we go way back. My kids' pediatrician, also from Bath, retired 5 years ago. Dr. Huang. They both are really really good competent doctors and friends. Old doctors shouldn't retire, they should just fade away. . .Plus, they aren't old - they're our age.

Talked with Nancy the other day and the baby is twisting and turning. Her belly "popped out" where the head made a little bump near her belly button. She's in her second trimester and all is going well.
I find it very thought provoking that Nancy can speak of her baby as a girl. When I was carrying her, people didn't find out what sex babies were until they were born, so we weren't able to use his and her pronouns. We spoke thusly - the baby's doing this, it's doing that. Now it's she's doing this, she's doing that. Neat.
Vincent is all excited about having a baby sister. He found out on his fourth birthday, the end of April. At the end of this month - June, Nancy's internship at the university will be done. She'll be off for the summer months. Then after the baby is born, due date: October 2nd, she will be taking an extended leave. It was well-planned and thought out!
It's not easy having a family and a career too. But it's quite common now-a-days. She has a lot of friends in the same position. I imagine they have a lot to talk about when they get together!

Guess that's all for now. What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: