The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Different Start to the Day. . .

A different start to the day. . .Gracie went to the vets in Watkins Glen "to be fixed." this morning. We pondered the idea of leaving her "as is" since she's a purebred, but the idea of little puppies running around didn't seem like a very attractive idea to us. Lucrative, yes. But, still. . . no. She wasn't allowed any food from last night at suppertime, and I'm sure she wondered why Paul didn't give her anything to eat this morning, due to the vets' rules and regulations regarding surgery. He said she was acting differently - just lying in the rocking chair in the dining room , by his kitchen chair at the breakfast table, looking at him. Gracie isn't a barker at all, but still it seems quiet around here. When we got back from taking her over there, Paul said. . . well, we didn't have to worry about her slipping out the front door when we opened it. (She's really quick!) I'm sure she will have lost some of her bounce for a while. I know she will. Do you think she'll ever forgive us???

I went to Panera Bread yesterday and met with my Florida and Bath friend, Carol. We hadn't gotten together in a long time and it did my heart good to see her and see how happy she is! Her life is going so well for her and she's so busy and active. Good for her!

Paul has done such a beautiful job with all the landscaping around here. When we got back this morning, we walked around the yard looking at the flowers. It's fun to see them blossom and then make way for others to come when they die off. I'm talking about perennials, of course.
I put gerber daisies in the big ceramic pots I got last year for the back deck. They look nice.
Paul wants to make a list of all the plants, where they are. Perhaps if I remind him, he'll make one up. That is if I remember!

Speaking of remembering, I got Paul a white board for his shop, for Fathers' Day Sunday. He wanted something to write on, when he does things, to help him remember. . . such things as when he mowed the lawn, fertilizing stuff. . .outdoorsy stuff. Or workshop stuff. I was so pleased to get him something he wanted I hid it in the trunk, but forgot to hide the receipt which was on the front seat of my car, and he read it. Oh, well. He didn't know I got him a Clive Cussler book too! (Clive's an author he enjoys reading.)

Fathers' Day - Sharon's family and the Corning crew took us to Red Lobster on Sunday afternoon. What a treat! I had my favorite - coconut shrimp and had to take a doggy pack home. Paul and I enjoyed it later on.

Both Paul and I commented on seeing the kids going to school this morning. It seems like they should be off from school by now. It is their last week. It seems though that last week should have been their last. Perhaps its because so many of our grandchildren are not from NYS. States have such different vacation times. California is off the end of May. Florida is off early too. But they both start earlier, too. New York is so much later. On both sides of the coin.

Okay - it's lunchtime and I hear Paul coming down for lunch. I'd better close. I'm hungry too!

So. . .what's happenin in your neck o the woods?

No comments: