The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Short Week?

What a week this has been. It seems like a Monday today even tho it's Thursday. . .let me explain.

First - Tuesday we had an audiology appointment at the clinic we attend "regularly" it seems like. Anyway - we both had our ears tested. Believe it or not. . .My hearing was fine! I went first - my eardrums were fine. Then the physician put on the headphones and I had to tell her (I raised a finger) when I heard sounds in both ears. First left, then right. or vice versa. It doesn't matter.
She said my hearing was fine in my right ear, but my left had a little hearing loss that I seemed to be compensating for with my right ear. So. . .I guess I would describe it, in a non-medical term, of lazy hearing? Perhaps I have to pay attention more. I was sure I would need a hearing aid.

Paul was a different story. He had a hearing aid in his left ear. The physician looked at me when he said the last time he had a hearing test was 10 years ago, and that was when he had the hearing aid prescribed. She looked at me strangely, and I should have responded - don't look at me. . .we were just married 3 years ago. But I didn't. It was just something he put off, and put off and put off. Well, now he needs one in BOTH ears, and his right ear is worse than his left.
He'll be fitted with one next week. Holy Moley - the cost of this is prohibitive - and BC/BS, Medicare don't pay a thing. But - he's worth it! More than worth it. . .

Sunday we found out that my former brother-in-law passed away after a long illness of cancer and alsheimers. One aggravated the other and he suffered a lot. So it was a blessing. We took Gracie and traveled to the Albany area yesterday, leaving early morn, for the 11:00 AM funeral. Another blessing was that we got to see Nancy in all her glory of 5.5 months of pregnancy. She just happened to be at a conference in Burlington Vt. and rented a car to drive down to Albany. It was certainly a blessing. Since she lives so far from us, I haven't been able to participate in this pregnancy, except for phone calls. We're planning on visiting later on this summer, however, possibly August. She got to meet Gracie, too, saying that Vincent would love to meet her. I have to admit, Gracie is adorable. She grabs a lot of people's hearts.

She did fairly well on the trip. This was the first time we'd left her alone in the car at all. We left her in the car during the funeral service, Paul stayed with her during the commital at the cemetary, and we left her in the car while we went to the restaurant to be with Nancy's aunt, cousins, father, step-mom, and 60 other people. Paul went out to check on her several times. She seemed to do okay, but on the way home, she threw up. (On a towel). We had rain and cool weather to contend with, and when she had to be walked, she wasn't happy being wet. Can't blame her there. Who wants to be 3-4 pounds and cold and wet? She shivered a lot even tho she was in my arms, wrapped in a warm towel. Poor Paul had to contend with lots of rain coming down almost continuously on the way home. It was a hard drive.

I asked Nancy to tell us a silly story about Vincent - and she said he named the baby Lily. Now, they wondered where he got that name. He doesn't have a pre-school chum named Lily. There's no one they know named Lily. They finally realized - that they gave all their plants names so that he would maybe "treat them with more respect if they were named." He has a lily in his bedroom. So - they told him he could call her Lily if he'd like, no matter what they named her. Her naming is a work in progress. She says he hugs the baby and calls her Lily and is going to give her his old clock because he has a new one, and she doesn't have any.

I was glad we went. It was so good to see all the Albany relatives. Made my heart feel good. It was nice to see these places and people again. (It's good we all get along so well. )
When things occur in your life and you can't understand why they happen, sometimes it just takes time to realize and be able to count your blessings.

So - I'm busy doing wash, getting caught up - and realizing it's Thursday, not Monday. And it's sunny out today, cool and windy. What's happenin in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: