The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Normalcy has Descended

Things are back to normal here at the Woods Edge.

What I mean is. . .Gracie is running around - acting like a puppy should. She has not only bounced back from her operation, but she's bouncing all over the place, playing with her toys, running around. (She's inherited some toys of our old cat, Ella, who passed on in February.) As an aside: Paul wondered what we should do with all her toys - guess we'll put them in a container of some kind.

Tuesday - other than not wanting to stretch her hind legs, she came home reasonably comfortable. She had pain medication that night and didn't seem to react any way other than well. Amazing how fast she is recuperating.

BUT - Her size makes it easy for us to forgive her lack of manners. But you know actually - she's really really not bad. In fact, I've never ever had a dog so well-behaved before. BUT -I've had the thought perhaps she should possibly have "manners training" some time in the future. Two Thursdays in a row, I read about someone in the Thursday papers who has such classes. Does that constitute a pattern of thought? Only time will tell, with my dim brain. I may wait for an encore reading next week. We're going to be busy though - We have a lot of company coming:

Next Tuesday, our 3rd anniversary, is going to be hectic. Let me back up.

Sunday: From California: Emma, (age 16) and Brenda (and Bode - their male 5-month old papillon puppy) are flying in to Rochester on Sunday and staying up there overnight with Jeff, Paul's oldest son, and his wife, Dorothy. Monday evening - Eric, Brenda's husband, flies in from California at midnight. He'll stay up there with them that night, too.

Tuesday - We are going to the BelHurst Castle in Geneva for a card club farewell luncheon party for Dayle and Daryl. Dorothy will drive Eric, Brenda, and Emma (and Bode) to the castle around 1:30. (It's a little less than half-way) We'll take them back to our house. That evening: Grandchildren Brenan (age 14) and Neenee (age 13) will be flying in to Elmira from Florida. We're due to pick them up at 7 PM. Everyone will be staying with us til the middle of July. Good! We'll have a full house. But there's always room for more.

Nancy is finishing up her year of working in the University President's office at the end of June. She's now 5 months pregnant with "Lily," Vincent's name for her. Nancy will welcome the time off, but she said she'll still be working this summer, doing work in the math (her) department. She's planning to begin the semester. When the baby comes, end of September, beginning of October, she's planning to be off for a while. Even longer than the allowed time. Good for her!

Nancy's so far away. Sigh. I wish we were closer (in mileage,) but it is what it is. Jil and his family are even farther - half a world away - in the Philippines. Wish he were closer too. Fortunately, with his blog, I can keep in close contact with him. And his life. BUT - Good thing I have Paul's family. I am very lucky. And I know it. And am very thankful. In fact, I thank my lucky stars all the time.

Had an appointment yesterday in Bath and had lunch with my good friend, Ruth, and her 94-year old mother, Emily, visiting from Buffalo, at the "Chat" Restaurant. Emily is staying with Ruth for the summer, recuperating from a fall this Spring. She's so spry after having this accident. But, I could see a change. She's beginning to show her age, but just a little bit.

Cleaning lady is here today for her once-a-month cleaning. What a gift to myself she is. If I set my mind to do the things she does, I could. But I just don't want to. . . Nor do I want Paul to. . .

So - that's all the news from the Woods Edge. What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

1 comment:

Nancy Molden said...

Remember, we're only a flight away (or a long drive!) So when are you guys coming out? :)