The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, May 6, 2011

multi-tasking?

I am multi-tasking at the moment - boiling eggs and writing in my blog. That's about the extent of what I can do more than one of. I should really push myself, because there always seems to be so much more I need to do, and I get so little done. eg. Little things. Take mounds of clothes to the salvation army. Get pics printed out at Walmart to put in an album. (Not bought yet.) Go food shopping. Exchange some new clothes I didn't care for, for others, at a store I discovered. Thanks to Carol O for introducing me to it! Which is for another paragraph, further on down.

We're finally getting nice weather! I mean it. Well, it is May. The sun is out, the grass is green. Reminds me of that saying '"The sky is blue, the grass has riz. I wonder where the birdies is." Or something like that. The birdies are plentiful since Paul filled the feeders out back. We were just admiring them.

Got an e-mail from Jil yesterday wondering what I was doing. . . I hadn't written in my blog, nor e-mailed. I promised him, and myself, I'd spend one hour to write.

This past weekend, actually a week ago, I flew to Chicago to help Vincent and his family celebrate his 5th birthday. What a nice little boy he is. He told me, "Grandma, I'm 5 now, and 5 year-old boys behave themselves and are good." I may have paraphrased that, but. . . Can't you just hear his parents in that? Well, he was very good. And it did my heart good to see how well he treated his 7-month old sister, Evie.

My flights were good. I had to wait a long time (several hours) between planes both ways, and I thought that would be annoying, but it wasn't. I had my Kindle, bought a magazine; I took my time getting to the departure gates - which were at least a mile away each time. Good exercise.

Dan's parents came in by train from St. Louis (5 hours) and Dan's two brothers work in Chicago, so they helped Vincent celebrate too. I hadn't seen Dan's parents, or his brothers, in a couple of years - scheduling conflicts, I guess. It made the time extra special.

Vincent is in-to Superheroes. He got superhero toys, games, outfits. I bought him a Bumblebee transformer outfit, and Dan's parents bought him a Buzz Lightyear costume. He had a Spiderman costume, so he was all set! Cute. He kept changing outfits. His birthday cake was superheroed (is that a word?. He invited his classmates and their parents to his party, held at a gymnasium - complete with all kinds of pre-school/early aged climbing apparatus, and he also had a room set aside with little tables and chairs for pizza, cake. He was/is a lucky boy.My plane got back here at 11 PM Monday. I'm so glad we live near the airport! Even so, our lights weren't off til after midnight.

Our new bathroom mirror looks beautiful! I'm so glad we did it. It was the first thing I looked at when I came in the door Monday night. It makes the bathroom look so big! So - Now we're in the process of looking for a shower door to replace our shower curtain. We can't seem to find one that'll fit. Yet. Paul has some ideas. (as usual)

Paul's out now at his favorite store, Lowe's. Gracie usually accompanies him, but she is lying on the futon here in the computer room. Speaking of stores: Carol O. introduced me to CJ Banks, at the mall. I am completely in love with the place. I got tired of the same old, same old, style of clothing, and happy to have some new ideas to spruce myself up. I bought some, kept some, and am going to return some to definitely replace them.

As you can see, no photographs this time. I will post them soon. I promised myself I'd write for an hour. It's nearly up. So - that's all the news from this part of the woodsedge.

What's happenin in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: