The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Weather

We had a horrendous storm last night - We were in a direct line for lots of wind and rain and the possibility of hail and tornadoes. Even Sharon called us to see if we were okay and that we knew about all this. The weather-band had been on the tv and we'd been aware, and sure enough, for about three minutes, we had wind, rain. No problem. Except for the power which we had expected to go out, and did.

Paul used a flashlight to take Gracie for a walk, and it took him a while to get home. This worried me because it was so dark - BUT- a huge tree fell onto a neighbor's garage, leaving a big hole. The owner used the lights from his truck to help him see what damage had been done and what he could do. And today we found a lot of trees down on the route to Montour. Near us. We were very lucky.

We didn't have power from 8:30 PM til after 2 AM. So we used one of Paul's oil lamps, flashlights and candles. It wasn't so bad, except I couldn't use my CPAP machine, and my snoring disturbs anyone's sleep except mine (of course that's not true, but I am unaware), so I took a flashlight, my kindle, and slept on the computer room comfortable futon/couch til the lights went on at 2 AM. Went to bed, but the power went out again a couple of hours later. Then it was Paul's turn on the couch. We were tired this morning.

But - today turned out to be a beautiful day - as you can see from the pics below. The forsythia is in full bloom. I was glad I had my camera in my pocketbook. We went for lunch in Montour Falls with Lue, her sister Sharon, and Lue's friend, Ruth. The waterfall was breathtakingly beautiful. I'd never seen it so full. Paul said it can be more full - it can get closer to the edges.
The first picture is from the main street. The rest is by the park near the falls.







No comments: