The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Man Who Forgot How to Read

I look at the time, 11 AM, and think I sure wish it were an hour earlier. That's what happens when I sleep in, I guess: The rest of the day rushes by. The title of this posting will be explained below.

Meant to get to Curves yesterday, but the day went by. . . and by the afternoon, Paul said, Are we going to Charlie's game? It was at about the same time I was planning on exercising. Weighing the importance of the two, Charlie won. We've been waiting off and on all month to get to a game, but due to the weather and other obligations, this was the first time we were able to.

We brought our lawn chairs, which are so much more comfortable than bleachers. About a half hour into the game, it started to rain. Even though it didn't last long, we spent the time watching from under the overhang near the concession stands. It stopped. We came back to our chairs and watched the rest of the game. Charlie didn't play the first half, but he did play first base during the second half.

Do you remember about a week ago I posted about how annoyed I was at the prices of Kindle ebooks? I am so excited. I guess lot of people feel the same way I do.

I found a site called http://www.ereaderiq.com/pricewatch/ which lists ebooks from Amazon that people are interested in, but don't want to spend more than $9.99. Prices are all over the board - $.99 to $12.99. They keep a daily price watch and let you know when prices are lowered.

So - all you have to do is to follow the directions, and they'll let you know when Amazon starts discounting a ebook you'd want. Plus, they keep a growing list of ebooks people ask about: what the original price was, and the current sale price (which can change daily.)

I poured through the titles that people were "watching." and started my own list of many I'd like to read. For example: One was a fairly new James Patterson's book "The Murder of King Tut." $7.99. I always read the free samples and reviews first before buying any ebook. I haven't for that one. Nor any of the others yet. I've just been too busy making up my list.

These titles intrigued me: "The Man Who Forgot How to Read," (being a former reading teacher - my curiosity was peaked at that one) and "The Meowmorphosis." (How's that for a title - a man turns into a cat.) I also signed up for a daily list of newly-released free ebooks.

So - you can see what I've been doing at this computer lately. It's now after noontime so I have to close. We're hungry.

What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: