The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Orange Kiss Me Cake

Memorial Day Weekend is here. . . . the Weather Gods are smiling at us. Paul has the flag up and he's mowed the lawn out front so we're all lookin' good for the neighborhood. We're due to be at Lue's for a mid-afternoon cookout. Her family is here. There'll be three large dogs, so Gracie will not come with us. She'll be more comfortable in her own surroundings.

I found, (I should say Paul found) my mother's cookbook upstairs.

In it, I found a recipe for Orange Kiss Me Cake. Sounded interesting.

I usually will make boxed brownies, but knowing Lue isn't fond of chocolate, I thought it would be fun to try this recipe. I don't remember mom ever making it, but the ingredients sounded good. Raisins, chopped nuts, orange juice. We took Gracie for an ice cream and then stopped at the store to get some ingredients that I didn't have. (orange juice, baking soda . . . .found that in my storage garage when we got back. . . .too late. . . .now I've got two. Perhaps one can go in the fridge for odor control.) It was 9:30 by the time we got home. Late, for me to begin cooking.

Lit the oven, started gathering the ingredients, put them together, seemed rather stiff for a cake mix, spread it in the greased pan, re-read the recipe . . . .

uh oh - forgot the 1/2 cup milk. Scraped it all out, added the milk, re-washed and re-greased the pan, baked it. Hope it turns out well. We'll see. I bake so often from scratch. Not. It will be memorable anyway. (for Memorial day???)

So what's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: