The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, May 16, 2011

And then the rains came...

My last posting, I complained about the weather. Cousin Alice and Jil each wrote about Florida rains. I'll not complain again. (well. . . maybe just once in a while.)

Alice wrote that she had the strange coincidence of just beginning to read my post as the rains came.

Jil liked to have the windowwall, in the lanai, and windows throughout the house, opened to the fresh air. He said it reminded him of weather in the Philippines.

So - He awaited for this storm to occur. He was actually looking forward to watching it. When it came, he wrote about an explosion of water (my words) and torrents of water coming into the lanaii. A series of mishaps to occur. He raced to close the windowwall, secure the house, and locate battery operated lighting when the power went out. You can read his blog for the details, but I'm curious.

I'll just ask him this - is the towel rod in the bathroom fixable after you slipped on the tile floor? I, Myself, Me and Mother Nature says - " Don't fool with Florida Weather!"

No comments: