The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Home Alone

I felt so sad when Greg, Noi, NeeNee and Brenan left this morning for their trip to Florida. We shall miss them: Brenan's guitar music floating down the stairs from his bedroom, Greg working at his laptop on the dining room table. Noi working on her Ebay business, NeeNee texting friends on her phone.

Paul and I cleaned out the dining room dish closet this morning. (Mostly Paul - as I didn't know what he was doing til I looked over the breakfast bar and saw him on the floor sorting linens) Now - this is a HUGE closet. 4W X 2D X 8H.

It has a lot of linens, but also very heavy dishes. It has five shelves, plus the floor. After we arranged everything, put all the Christmas linens in a plastic bin to be stored upstairs - something we should have done long ago, we noticed that one shelf, that had the sets of dishes for 24, had bowed in the middle where they were placed. Oops. An accident waiting to happen. I could just imagine it collapsing when we were in Florida and coming back in April, to find many of them broken. So. . . we removed all the items from that shelf and rearranged the dishes - dividing the heavy ones to each side rather than the middle.

I don't have Paul normally read my blog before I publish it, so if he finds a mistake, I will usually correct it later on. So. . . there are 8 leaves in our dining room table when it is completely opened. Not 5. It seats 14, 12 or 16. Paul says he doesn't know. All I know is it is long. And old. If it breaks, we're in serious seating arrangement trouble. Ah - I have such potential problems, don't I?

Gracie has discovered she doesn't like 15 degree weather. She refused to do her business this morning and proceeded to come inside to finish the job. Can't blame her there. Would you want to do that? Not a pretty picture, is it. Paul just commented from his computer that it's supposed to go up to 47 tomorrow. Eat your heart out, Florida. You're having temps like that, aren't you. Get it all over with, because we want warmth when we get back there! Enuf of the gray days! Early sunsets! Late sunrises!

Well - that's all the news from The Woods Edge. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: