The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Picture. . .less

Saturday morning. How's everyone doin? We had a frost last night - it makes for good sleeping. Paul said the backyard grass was coated white when he took Gracie out early this morning. It quickly disappeared. Our flowers are fine.

Paul said Gracie saw a lot of dogs around the circle this morning and touched a lot of noses. Good for her. Dogs are such sociable animals. So different from cats. It is a pleasure to have an animal that comes when called and loves to please. I loved my cat, Ella, very much and found her good company for the 18 years she was with me. Most of my pets were dogs though. Gracie comes from a long line of much loved pets.


Knowing myself better than anyone else, I am frustrated. The reason for my frustration? I had planned on adding some more pictures to this blog, but I find that I can't get the pictures to this machine from the port the camera sits on. I know I wrote down Import Pictures & Videos as the first step. However I can't find the Import Pictures and Videos icon. I guess my dim brain is functioning at less than 50% - and at age 70, I hope that's not par for the course! Jil is asleep. I won't wake him. Eventually, he will wake and help me as he's done with my other pictures.

Last night we three went to the Moose Club in Englewood and met Marian and Bob, and his son and my nephew, Bobby, for dinner. The Club has quite an extensive weekly menu. I put a menu in my pocketbook to copy, so we might remember what they served every night. There were several delicious options during the week which we'd take advantage of, if we remembered. The prices on drinks and food are great too.

Unfortunately people can smoke in private clubs such as the Moose, (and even though they're in the bar - not the dining/dancing area), for non-smokers such as myself, it's still not the greatest. So you have to weigh the cost of temporary, once in a while, second-hand smoke. There are so many smiles, dancers, listeners . . . enjoying the food, companionship, country band, that it's hard not to have a good time. The good times win. I wouldn't bring a child in there, though.

So - we'll copy the menu, return the original copy, and perhaps remember what food's there on such and such a night by taping it on the fridge. But remember my brain is dim. The light is not out, but it's fading.

Pictures: I took several photos of two lovely coloring pictures Ida sent us via snail mail. They're on our fridge. I wanted to share it with you all. Ah. That shall be for another e-mail. I took several - selecting the best one and deleting the others. Speaking of deleting: How're you at deleting e-mails? I'm afraid I'm not very conscientious about deleting them. But I'm very good at hoarding them. The other day, however, I got annoyed with myself for having over 550, and spent some time getting rid of them. A good lesson: it didn't take as long as I thought it would. Just minutes.


So - for a picture-less posting, I had a molehill I made a mountain out of, and enjoyed writing it. Hope it was enjoyable for you.

What's up in your neighborhood? That's what's happenin' in our neck o' the woods.

No comments: