The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Literally

Where have all the days gone? I don't mean to misconstrue that question - but - literally - where have the days gone. . .it gets dark so early up here! I never realized it til we came back from Florida, where the sun gets in my eyes around 5:00 on our lanaii, which faces directly west! Now, here in NYS it's dark at 4:30.
Welcome Winter. Literally. Actually. So, it's going to start getting lighter now that the winter equinox has arrived! Oh, bless-ed sunlight!

BTW - I heard that there was an eclipse of the moon last night, or early morning, and Brenan was going to stay up to see it from his window in the Kids' Kamp. I wonder if he did. We gotta make a sign for the Kids' Kamp door. Love that name.

Poor NeeNee is feeling under the weather. She is staying upstairs with Noi today, taking it easy. Sure hope she feels better soon. It's not fun being sick, and being away from home. I understand Greg and Brenan are off Christmas shopping. (I was away all day) I went to Bath to see my favorite hairdresser, and have breakfast with my friends Carol and Ruth. So good to see them. It's too infrequent that I do.

However, Carol is renting in Circlewoods this year for three months - January through the beginning of April! We are so excited about this, and I'm sure I've mentioned it several times before. I tend to do that. So we'll be seeing a lot of her!

I always seem to plan a lot to do when I go to Bath. Each time there are places to go, people to see. That's good.

We watched the movie, Inception, last night on our blu-ray machine. All I can say is. . .what? Even the newspapers say you should see it at least twice, to be able to understand it. I agree. Brenan and NeeNee watched it in the car on the way coming up. So they had the jump on the rest of us. I did like it and kinda understood it. Paul left in the middle and went in to his computer.

I had forgotten how much people like warm, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, just out of the oven. Last night, after supper, while we were watching the movie, I baked cookies, and everyone inhaled them. The first dozen were gone before the second batch was done.

I've got to admit. . .Paul improve on my cookie baking. My way: I usually take a teaspoon of dough and drop it on the cookie sheet. He said - no - try it this way: take the dough from the teaspoon. Make it into a ball. Put the ball on the cookie sheet. I have to agree. They looked better. (They tasted just as good, though. Ha.)

Thank you all for your Christmas cards. We appreciate your thoughts and wishes and photos of kids. It's nice to see how they've grown each year. And we thank you again. Please note that I've not had the time nor inclination to make up our Christmas newsletter this year. I've decided to do it after Christmas, when we're back in Florida, and make it a New Year's letter instead. Paul says not to worry about it because I post in this blog so often. BUT - There are people who don't read my blog. My thought is. . . I can write my blog's address in the newsletter so that those who don't get a chance to read it, or didn't know it existed, can now be one of my readers. Isn't that exciting? Another "Ha."

Where has the time gone? It's almost dinner time, so I will close.
Now you know what's happenin' in our neck o' the woods. What's happenin' in your neighborhood? Literally. Keep those Christmas cards an' letters comin'!

No comments: