The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sometimes. . .not very smart. . . thank goodness




It's a good thing that Gracie's brain is not fully evolved. I'm assuming that's the case. From the pictures, you can see that Paul and I went to Petsmart Sunday and got a gate. She can't climb over it due to its design.


However, if she was aware of, and wanted to, she could squeeze between the posts or under them. We'll see how long this lasts. I'm hoping forever. Paul put her on a leash when he mowed the lawn last night and said she did fine.
We also signed up for Obedience Training. I know she gets away with a lot of stuff because of her size and we think she's cute. We need the obedience training. I read a book when I was a 9. "Training you to Train your Dog". We got a little puppy, Bonnie. That about sizes up the situation now. . .
Had to change the time (6:00 - to 7:00 - just not convenient for 8 weeks.) which meant also the day, which was fine. Tuesdays at 7 PM. Rather than Thursdays at 6.
Got the results back from my needle biopsy on my thyroid, and as we expected, it's fine. No problem. Still going through with the operation, however. My thyroid has grown and is causing unpleasant but liveable symptoms. BUT . . .More than two years is long enough to have them. I see the surgeon this Monday coming up, at Strong Hospital, Rochester, to set it all up.
A wise decision: I decided that 10 miles is not too far to go to exercise. My reasoning: I used to commute 25 miles each way to work. Every day. Using that frame of mind, yesterday I joined the nearest Curves. After going through only three machines and recovery stations, I felt lots better. I've been a Curves member since 2002 and never missed going three times a week, if I could help it, until the Curves franchises started closing around me. (Florida, up here. . .twice). I was going to join a regular gym, but the idea of a women-only place still appeals to me. A lot of faces are familiar too.
Paul is off for his "first" trip of the day to Lowe's. It's true that he seems to spend a lot of time there. Sometimes Gracie goes with him. Sometimes the three of us go. He's back - so I'm inserting this: He got, tube light, fan and light for venting, the roof fan, the rest of the pipe, plumbers putty, some crimp sleeves. He says he needs to go back for the toilet and the floor and some kind of a wall heater "you have to have heat in there somehow". As I said before. . .perhaps this is his first trip of the day.
When he goes upstairs to work, he prefers Gracie to stay down here because she gets into trouble when she puts insulation in her mouth. Can't blame him there. She's been pretty good, other than that.
Last night I went to Bible Study at church. We've been meeting every other week - alternating Mondays and Tuesdays. It's a small group, but I'm getting to know them, and vice versa. The summer schedule with our house guests and other happenings, have made me miss the last two times. There's one more session for this book we're studying, which'll be next Tuesday. Not sure if I'll continue, during this summer, due to lots of conflicts in this coming month, but I have enjoyed meeting these people, which was the reason I joined. Maybe I'll continue. It's a small group of couples, and singles. Very informal. My age.
At the beginning of the summer, or around that time, I joined Facebook. I've not regretted it. For instance - Nancy belongs - and yesterday just posted many many pics of their vacation to Crystal Lake, upper Michigan with Dan's extended family. It was so good to see what a great time they had, and how her pregnancy has made her "bloom" and I mean only in a good sense. Vincent is growing up. They make such a beautiful family. And the new little girl to join them will only make it stronger.
A couple of weeks ago, as I seem to remember writing about, I signed up to play in church this Sunday. I also got an e-mail from my old choir director, Peg, to play in my old church also. I miss my old church family. (But we're getting acclimated to this new church.) I just sent her an e-mail saying I'd be happy to. August has so much in limbo. Let's hope it all falls into place. It usually does. This is definitely a case to go with the flow. I'm practicing two
songs. They'll go well at both churches.
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. How's it goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: