The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cuteness Abounds

Gracie is officially 6 months old on July 15th. (yesterday) The first picture shows how long her legs are getting - and still thin! The second is just a cute picture. Her puppy fur is pretty much all gone and she's getting her adult "hair." which should fluff her up a bit more.


Paul's happy.
He's in the midst of a gigantic project upstairs. . .putting in the bathroom. He's been making many many trips to Lowes, Home Depot, and other such stores in the area. And he has been taking Gracie on some of these excursions - she's a great hit, he says.
He managed to call my cell phone when I was on my way home from the mall yesterday afternoon. However, somehow we could not "connect". It rang and rang and rang, so I left a voicemail for him. It especially worried me when I got home and saw his car in the driveway! Why didn't he use the home phone? Because he was in the basement working and had his cell phone on him. My mind was playing tricks on me. It didn't help the situation that our cell phones were acting up. He just wanted me to pick something up at the store.

Nancy called last night. Her in-laws, Scott and Jane were there putting Vincent to bed. This morning they all leave for Michigan for a week at the cottage (large old house) on the lake that Scott's family has been renting for years and years. If I heard correctly from her. . .even before Scott was born! Many members of the family will be there. Nancy will have a week to put her feet up and be pampered by her loving in laws. That pleases me so much. She needs that time to sit back and relax. Hope she's brought a good book or two with her!

Speaking of books: Not too long ago when we talked on the phone, Nancy recommended the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." What a great book. It's been on the bestseller list for a long, long time, as has the other books in the series. Can you imagine. . .Three books on the bestseller list for over a year! Over 51 million copies sold world-wide. So I read it. Couldn't put it down. (The kindle sample showed it to be very slow in the beginning, and I couldn't see the reason for its success. . . so I didn't buy it on kindle.)
So - I did get the much cheaper paperback at Sam's Club, $4.97 - plus the second -" The Girl Who Plays with Fire". Then I did get the $9.99 kindle version for the last book. "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest". because it had just come out and was only published in expensive hard copy. It was a luxury after the paperbacks. . . but it was much less expensive than the hard copy, and still was within my own rules to not purchase any books on Kindle over $9.99. It's gratifying to say that there are a whole group of us on Kindle who are of the same mindset. . . Do not purchase a Kindle book over $9.99, the original top price for bestsellers.
But the next step is to purchase the book in paperback when it comes out, so that my "set" will be complete in my library. I know I should have waited and shouldn't have gotten the Kindle edition, but I just couldn't wait to read it! There's nothing better than having a good book to read.
A question for you . Not to be really answered. Just pondered.
Have you ever heard of someone who went windowshopping at the mall, tried on a pair of shoes from the rack, and managed to bring them home, unpaid, with some other paid goods, and then traipse back to the mall that evening and sneak into the shoe department to put them back? That's right. I haven't either. Good thing. That'd be an awful thing to do. . . Anyone who did that would be a rat fink. Or something equally bad.
Guess that's all the news from this end of the woods. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: