The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I said they could make silly faces on one photo, if I could get a good pic of them all, besides. It worked. They others are self-explanetory. The Fourth of July picture of Paul, Gracie, Brenda and Bode were taken before the rains came. Obviously.





Got some comments from some of Paul's siblings - and in laws - about my blog. Thanks for writing! I appreciate hearing from people, as I know who my regular readers are, but it's fun to note when others are reading it too! I feel like I'm doing something special for everyone who is not near us.
When I'm with people now, I note that they know a lot about our family (due to this blog). . .what we've been doing, what we're up to. . . For ex. I will begin relaying stories, and see knowing nods of heads, and then I realize I've been repeating myself on what I've written. Kinda neat.


Lots of kids playing cards in the dining room right now. They're quite patient with Ida. Sharon's three are here. She had to work and then she and Dave are going to "play" with other insurance agents - on a boat cruise on Keuka Lake. So we will have them til dinner time, or after. Because. . . perhaps we'll have hotdogs for supper. NeeNee and Brenan leave early tomorrow morning at 8:00 for home, and then it'll be just us two here. The quiet will be deafening. I don't know if we'll be able to stand it!

We have completely run out of bread, which we'll have to replenish this morning, or there won't be any sandwiches for lunches today.


Gracie is doing well with all the company. I think, after two weeks, she's gotten quite used to having all these people around. She still likes to lick toes. (yuck) She's in seventh heaven with sandle weather. The kids are all used to it. We're trying to break her of the habit though.

I do think she misses Bode. Paul said she was quiet this morning. She'll be okay, though. We exchanged the little marble top table in the foyer for one of the big wicker storage baskets - it's about 3 feet high with a wicker top. We left her in the house yesterday to just go out and survey our new driveway (see yesterday) . . .and looked back to see her little face peering out from the side window where the basket is located. She'd jumped up on the basket, and was looking out to see where we'd gone. So. . .She still has separation anxiety. Hope she gets over that soon.

Paul decided our collection of teapots on top of the kitchen shelves had been up there long enough. He replaced them with wood carvings and woven baskets from Donna and his trip to Africa when Brenda was in the Peace Corp. Looks nice. The teapots are in the dishwasher becoming clean so that they can be repacked away til next time.

Okay. That's all the news from the Woods Edge. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?








No comments: