The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

When looking over my posts, I find that this particular design layout needs a title. Thus. . .I'm going to try to think of one each time. By the way - I have changed the design again. . .but didn't think to tell all you e-mailers what you're missing. Check it out!
http://www.thewoodsedgecrew.blogspot.com
Yes. I really think it's quite pretty.

Yes. It is a beautiful day here. I just came back from getting an item for the hottub that Paul needed, and the ride to the Pool Store was just so pretty. We do have beautiful summers up here. The nights are usually cool, but the days can be warm and sunny. At least that's the case so far. I keep thinking that the summer is almost over with. . . perhaps because we left Florida in warm, sunny weather and now we have it again. Paul thinks anything in the 80's is HOT.
Last night I convinced him that we should open up our sun umbrella, and have drinks on the deck. He agreed that it was lovely.

Gracie enjoyed it also. We've been giving her a little more leeway as far as being in the backyard without a leash. She usually meanders down the stairs, and sniffs around in the grass near us. Never venturing too far. If she leaves us, she's just going to say hello to someone nearby. . .which we don't particularly care for. For example, last night, Chloey, the little part beagle next door, was outside in the side yard with her owners' grandchildren. Gracie took off like a shot, and Paul had a difficult time trying to get her. I guess we need to sign up for those puppy obedience classes. We've been meaning to, but the nights they've had them, we've been busy with other matters or had company.

I had my thyroid needle biopsy yesterday afternoon. It was more intense (if that's the correct wording) than my 2008 one. This time they biopsied both sides, and each one needed to be repeated because she didn't get enough cells. It didn't hurt, but I didn't like the idea of not being able to swallow. As far as time, it didn't take long at all. Perhaps a half minute each time. We'll get the results of this at the end of this week or the beginning of next. I have an appointment with my surgeon up in Rochester on August 2nd. at 2:15. I'll be bringing with me, a CD of my radioactive scan for him to check out, and the results of the biopsy will be sent to him too.

So, we'll have to plan August around my surgery, which shouldn't be too much of a deal-breaker of any plans we tentatively have made, since there's very little recuperation time. A day or two. Usually. So we're in limbo, and it'd just be nice to know when this will all occur. I guess I'll just have to be patient not impatient to know when I'll be a patient! Ha. I kept thinking how can I use the word patient with the two meanings. I feel very clever. I will go with the flow.

So - what's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: