The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Way it Goes

My usual morning schedule usually includes getting out of bed later than my dear husband, who makes the coffee, collects the newspaper and feeds the cat. I am so very very fortunate and keep reminding myself several times a day of that fact. Anyway, I digress. What I have found is our newspaper, The Star Gazette, has literally shrunk in size. It's an inch or two smaller all around. Plus, it used to be three sections, now it's two. Several columnists, that I enjoyed reading, aren't there anymore.
When I lived alone, I always purchased two newspapers, The Leader and The Star Gazette, from the local gas station on the way to work. Then I'd read them in the evening. (I was watching my pennies - I didn't want to have to pay monthly for the subscriptions, even though I was aware, yes, that the cost would be less. To put out $1.00 a day didn't seem as hard to do as producing the lump sum every month.) Again, I digress.
When we moved to our new home, there was a Star Gazette route. Much easier than the gas station trip which is now several miles away. The Leader, didn't have a route up here, so we began a new foray into newspaper reading. We subscribed on-line to The Leader. I take that back, we began reading it on-line down in Florida at the snowbird rate which was ridiculously low, and continued on with it up here - at a price not very different from the Florida rate. Anyway, we now find that the Leader has a much more complete paper, and we enjoy it. Although I still prefer to do my reading at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee. Paul agrees. We're both old-fashioned and prefer the newspaper in-hand to the one on the screen. But the Leader keeps us informed of what's happening in my old neck-of-the-woods. (And by comparison, now there's more info.)

No comments: