The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, August 13, 2009











Gorgeous day today! The cleaning lady is here! She's running the vacuum cleaner as I write. Ella has disappeared during this noisy session. Paul said she wanted to go out to the garage, but no deal. That leads to the outside and that's a no-no.

Tuesday after my session with the orthopedist, Paul and I joined our Couples Card Group for a journey to lunch at the Belhurst Castle at the other end of Seneca Lake from Watkins Glen, a lovely huge mansion with two dining rooms serving lunch that overlook the lake. For several years, we've gone once a year to their summer luncheon buffet and were looking forward to a nice time together with great food. We had a nice time together, but the food wasn't outstanding - just fair. It's such a shame some things change for the worse. We had a beautiful place, and good company so we did have a good time. The food was plentiful, so Paul and I didn't have dinner that night...Just some leftover chicken satays and some cantaloupe while watching TV. It was kinda nice.

Went to Curves yesterday for the first time since June. I did okay. I'm hoping that with rest between days, I can rebuild my stamina and go more regularly. I do have a busy couple of days here.

Last night after Weight Watchers (I lost my usual .8 lb.) we went to Watkins Glen State Park where the Sidles are camping for the week. Dave's insurance business is in Watkins Glen so he was going in to work in the morning and coming back in the afternoon to be with the family. We joined them last night for time around the campfire. Sharon popped popcorn. Boy, was that good! What a difference from the microwave kind that we've kind of gotten used to. The boys, Lee and Charlie, started telling silly jokes and riddles. I don't know how they remember them - as I can't seem to remember any. Except this one: If you dig a hole that's 7' X 3' and then fill it, how big is the hole? I'm not giving the answer, as I'm sure you know it.
Poor Ida is sick. She wasn't feeling at all well, to put it mildly, so Sharon and she went home last night after we left and she took her to the doctor's this morning. Ida ended up with pneumonia. She's back home taking medicine and resting, their camping trip cut short. And rightly so. The rest of the family are home now also.
Paul had a cortisone shot this morning in his right shoulder. That should eleviate the pain he's been having. Seems he has had almost the same diagnosis as I had for my knee - great bodies think/act alike. Luckily for me, mine isn't as far gone as his. He'd been having P/T also - as a first resort and after six weeks or more, he felt it wasn't working.

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

I was looking at that picture of all the people sitting around the table and thinking, "that big dining room table you are always talking about is very nice... but your house certainly looks bigger on the inside than it does on the outside."

Mom said...

Thanks a lot Jil. Glad you enjoyed the pic of our dining room. I'm glad you recognized the place from the other pics. I didn't think I needed to label these since they were self-evident. You proved me right.