The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, August 15, 2009

I didn't know and don't remember being told that summer begins on August 15th. Yes. This is the day that our temperature will be reaching 90. I can see my son just shaking his head in amusement at that statement, since the Philippines have summer all the time. I agree with his observation, however, that Thailand is hotter. I cannot remember ever being as hot as I was there!
Jil and Epril's Philippine wedding was hot, but stress made me all aglow. Not the temperature. Epril's dear auntie kept fanning me and patting my face with kleenex. What a great remembrance.
And I don't mean that sarcastically. She was very kind and concerned.
Certainly you've heard the saying Horses perspire. Men sweat. And women are all aglow.
So anyway - I took a bottle of cold water out to Paul who was working.
News. News. News....
Paul is in the middle of wiring for a hot tub. Yes. We've ordered one and it will be delivered on Monday afternoon. Reason? Paul always felt so good when he was in Florida where he could soak in the bubbling water of the hot tub. I'm hoping (we're hoping) that this will make his shoulders feel better. So - we've been studying, planning, discussing, making charts, lists, deciding for quite some time that this is the way to go. I'm not particularly fond of hot tubs because I only feel comfortable in them for a short amount of time. But that's okay though. This is for him. We thought we could just order one, plug it in, and fill it with water. Nope. You need a permit. You need 50 amp service for it. You need level ground. Well...we have the level ground on our patio. The rest required more time and effort. We have the permit now. We almost have the 50 amp service completed.
It's great having a husband who is an electrical engineer.

3 comments:

Nancy Molden said...

Hi Mom, the hot tub sounds exciting, and way more involved than I would have expected! I hope it helps with Paul's shoulder. Talk to you tomorrow!
Love,
Nancy

Jil Wrinkle said...

Auntie Puring was just asking about you the other day. In fact, nary a day goes by where somebody you met at the wedding doesn't add, "... and how's your mother?"

Mom said...

That's so nice to hear, Jil. I think of them often also.