The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturdays don't mean much...

But here it is. When you're retired, they say every day is Saturday. True. But it does feel different than weekdays. I guess because there's a lot more people around in the stores during the daytime.
In the beginning, after I retired, I started to resent the summer because all the teachers were off then and the days didn't seem special any more. I got over that. Good riddance to that idea. It's a rather selfish one.
Darn - I tried to get pics on this post, but they don't seem to be cooperating. But...
I have pics of our pool baptism which I shall add to this blog after I finish writing. No I won't. I'll begin a new posting with just the pics in it. It's always interesting to see where the pictures turn up. It's obvious I'm still not completely aware of how this blog really works and I tend to stay with one way of doing things and not really enlarging my comfort level. That's something I need to work on. Does that make sense? No need to answer that.

I had the most wonderful day yesterday. One of my Card Club friends asked if I would like to go to see Chorus Line at the Auburn Merry Go Round Theatre. There were two extra tickets. She had one, and wanted someone to go with her. It was a bus trip. Auburn is 1 1/2 hours from us (I found out) What a delightful time! The show was marvelous - professional broadway dancer/actors and actresses. The seats were on a slant so everyone could see extremely well. The only scenery was a huge huge mirror covering the whole back wall. It was supposed to be a room for chorus tryouts. It was neat, because the theatre was small enough so that the whole audience was reflected in the mirror. (Perhaps several hundred people. If you waved, you could locate yourself.) There were 20 people in the chorus and when the show started, the reflection made it look like 40.
Before this we had lunch at the Springside Inn c.1851. http://www.springsideinn.com/ What a beautiful place. We had, what someone described as, Sunday dinner. (on a Friday afternoon)
So - we left at 10 AM and got home at 7 PM. A full day and full tummy.

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Put the photos in first, and then type around them. Each photo should go in at the very top of the blog in the order it was inserted... so last will be first.

If you would like more detailed ways to move your photos around, I'll send you an e-mail.

Mom said...

Thank you Jil - I appreciate your comments. They were very helpful. Next time I take some photos I'll try to remember.