The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, August 24, 2009

Lists

I know it's a good day when I make up a list of things to do, keep adding to it, and crossing off the things done. That's how my day began today. However, I had planned to go to Curves this morning. It seems like it was just 9:30, but it's now noon. Guess that won't happen today.
My list includes big stuff (health folder for Fla) and little stuff (find key lime pie recipe). Some gets done, some doesn't. But, I find, if I don't write it down, it surely won't happen. Such as send pictures to a friend. I have forgotten to hold that thought almost constantly. Now, if its written down, perhaps it will/should get done and not vanish into thin air.
I'm finding that now that I am writing this blog, mostly family enjoy reading it. I've heard from Greg, Carol P., Carol O., Alice, Bob, my children, and my daughter in law, Epril. Since the only way I have of knowing you've read it, is the response I get, I'm glad you people have responded. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Had a great day yesterday (Sunday). Paul and I went to church at the usual 9:30 AM summer service at the Methodist church in Horseheads. Unfortunately, the service lasted from 9:30 til almost 11. They had their woman assistant pastor in charge of the service. We decided we didn't care for her. I, myself, dislike a service that lasts longer than an hour. I also find myself glancing at my watch, getting fidgity. And she was particularly brash and made me uncomfortable. She's in charge of most of what I call after school activities for adults or bible study/spiritual study. I had been interested in some of them. I'm not now. C'est la vie. Something else will come up.
But - we had a great afternoon - Paul asked me what I had planned for this afternoon. (like I had something planned?)
We went to the Tioga Downs Race Track and Gaming Tables in the late afternoon. It is situated about 35 miles from us on Route 17 and we had a ball. When we go gaming, we always spend a certain amount of (small) money, and when that's gone, we're gone. This time we broke even, looked at each other and decided it was time to go. We'd been playing the slots for about 2 hours, had a great buffet dinner. We started for home.
There was a huge downpour, but as we got closer to Elmira, we saw the most beautiful sunset. Made our day. Even got in the hottub later on and all the stars were out in full force.

2 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Epril and I read this together and Epril was reminiscing about spending time with you and Nancy. She remembered particularly going shopping for shoes at the mall. She misses you a lot and hopes to see you soon either here or there.

Mom said...

What a nice thing to say. Thank you. It was fun shopping for shoes.
I hope you realize that YLM is your loving mother. I feel that with the mom...I cramp your style.
YLM