The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Some weather-related themes and other unrelated topics

After I read my postings through to check for grammatical, spelling errors, I usually decide on a Title for my post. Thus - the above - mostly. . .

Early this spring , when we were at Montour, I told Paul that the Falls looked really full. He said - you ain't seen nothin' yet. He had a picture of the Falls where it looks like a mountain of water coming down. He found it. I have it before me, and if I can figure out how to put real pictures and not digital, on my blog, I will. Scary, scary, scary.

We ordered a futon for the Library upstairs for extra sleeping quarters. It's supposed to come in a week or so. We also ordered a six-foot high woven five-screen wood privacy room divider (say that six times fast!) and it came this morning. We took it upstairs and sat in the rocking chairs "behind it" where the futon will be, and you can't see in. Or out. And stretched out, it really gives privacy. Good! It's almost like a separate private bedroom.

I gave Paul an early Father's Day gift - a Kindle. I told him ahead of time what my idea was, so he could research it, and we could get just the model he wanted. It came on Monday, so we opened it up and got it started. It was hard to get it going at first, but it's running fine now. Last night in bed, he was using it - reading a book sample, and earlier in the evening, when I was at the computer, I didn't hear any noise in the living room and assumed he was asleep in his recliner. Nope. He was reading his Kindle. Good! The new one is smaller and thinner than my Kindle 2. I think his is called The Third Generation.

We're supposed to have Florida weather today. Up into the 90's. TGF - a/c! Nancy had hot weather earlier this week - when she didn't feel well, and not realizing they'd have such heat, Dan left without putting a/c in the windows. An honest mistake for this time of the year. Well - She managed to get two of them up and running. Way to go, Nance! She missed Vincent's school hot end-of-year picnic, but promised him she'd take Evie and him to the beach later in the week. Her illness may have been a blessing in disguise. (If you can call it that. . . ever!)

Jil is awaiting his wife, Epril's trip here. He's gotten visa info. and all seems to be going according to plan. She should be here for their 3rd anniversary on September 27th. Naturally, he can't wait. He misses her so. He puts pictures up of her all the time on his blog. We're all excited. Such an event! It'll be a memorable day.


That's all the news from the Woods Edge. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: