The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busy weekend

Yesterday afternoon Paul and I traveled up to Rochester to help celebrate Drew's graduation from high school. Drew is my former husband, Neal's, great nephew. It's always a treat to see all my former in-laws and get caught up in the news of their lives. Carole, Drew's grandma, and the family are going to Italy in about a week. Carole is a retired teacher, and while teaching began working in a travel agency. She now owns a travel agency and usually plans all the family trips.

This trip will be extremely exciting for Fran, the other grandmother, who came up from the Bronx. She is so excited to go to Rome and the Vatican. She said she saw the Pope when he visited NYC - and her comment was - IMAGINE! The Pope saw where I live. Now, I'm gonna see where he lives! Her eyes just lit up!

I just realized I didn't get a picture of Drew. How strange of me. He's a good lookin' kid who'll be going to University of Rochester in the fall. Same as Alaina, Paul's granddaughter. Good lookin' and going to U of R. Hey - I think I got a picture of him by accident. The first picture of Paul holding Gracie in the tent shows three boys, on the left, in the background. I think Drew is the one in the middle. And in the last picture of the house, I think that's Bill, Sue's husband, up on the deck, cooking. He's the one with a dark shirt.

How quick life changes when kids go off to school! I could go on and on about this subject, but I won't. Having Drew and Alli flown the coop, there's only one left. . .Amanda - but they've got four years to go til then.









I may be a slow learner - I'm always concerned that I'll repeat myself when I write - so now I'm going to re-read my most recent post. I usually don't. (What an easy solution!) If I can remember.


Kindle update: This is about the great site called www.ereaderiq.com . They've changed it somewhat since I first wrote about it. It now shows three significant categories: eBook prices you're keeping track of, recently lowered priced ebooks, and most popular ebooks with dropped prices. Oops... And free ebooks. Those aren't the correct labels. . . but you get the idea. I've located several good ebooks with really low prices. I'm just finishing one; an autobiography of Larry King. His life was filled with very colorful characters. Only cost a couple of dollars. I would recommend it. You know, Amazon.com has had many, many thousands of complaints about ebook pricing. The sales just weren't coming in. Thus this site is helping sales. And I'm very happy.


We promised our good friends, Guy and Ginger, that we'd pick them up at the airport this morning. They had been in California visiting relatives for a month. So - off we went. Took Gracie with us and stopped at McD. take-out, and parked in the cell-phone lot. We anticipated waiting a while. Paul had his Kindle, I had the Sunday papers. However, our timing was way off! We ate our breakfast and then there they were!


I'm gonna go look at ereaderiq.com now, and see if I see some more ebooks. I want to add to the list I'm keeping.


So - what's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: