The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, June 3, 2011

Short week

We finally have some nice late afternoons to enjoy our deck! It was windy and our huge umbrella was "making like a sail." We were both hoping that the wasps building a tiny wasp nest would get really sea-sick. We didn't take the time to find out. Paul knocked it down with a broom. Quick death.























I had been told that when I retired that every day would seem like Saturday. It does. Kind of. But weekend scheduling, holidays that fall on Fridays, Mondays, certainly make the week seem short. Friday is here so quickly.





Last summer, I talked about my feelings as a retired teacher. I enjoy being home, retired. Summers are the same, as summers have always been. It doesn't feel like I'm retired then. And it should. All teachers are on hiatus. . . a lapse in continuity. and. . .are just like me. At this time of year, when most teachers retire, retirement is utmost in their minds. Either the retired ones, or the ones still working. We remember how it was and how it will be.


I am so glad I'm retired! And to have such a great partner to enjoy it with me.


So how're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: