The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

'Nuf Talk 'Bout the Weather

Just read Jil's blog about how it rained and rained there. . .but it was needed elsewhere to help rectify their loss of electric power due to the water table being down.
I am going to digress:
We have a big backyard or I should say, common area, that our house, Bob's and several others share. I can remember when the house was just built in 1980, my kids throwing a frisbee out on the dirt, which eventually became the lovely place of weeds that it is now. It's green, tho. I understand in the summer it's really really green. And it has some beautiful fruit and ornamental trees.
Now back to the subject area:
It rained and rained. Poured, actually. . .the night before last. When we got up in the morning, the pups had to be taken out. I had forgotten the joys of that, having had a cat for the past 13 years. There's something about a litter box that is very nice. We used an umbrella, but of course they couldn't. When we came inside, they needed to be dried off. We had a little "river' of water in a drainage area across from us. Of course, Gracie didn't stop before getting there and was soaked more than usually expected. Towels came very handy. Also I never knew that there was standing water in the middle of the yard. It disappeared, but not soon enough.
We have set up a "playpen" of a little more than 3 X 6. They're both fast asleep in the sunlight that comes in from the window wall that faces the west. They are touching heads. Looks like they'll both miss each other when it's time to say goodbye.
Time to cook dinner.
I wish I could update some more pictures, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Oh, well. I tried.
That's what's happenin' in our neck o' the woods. What's happenin in yours?

No comments: