The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I think I mentioned before in this blog about cousin Alice summer/off-season business which is watching houses down here when the Snowbirds leave for their northern homes. With a check list, she goes through each house very thoroughly and sends e-mails to us. . .such as around mid-summer and the rainy season when everything grows and grows and grows with enormous speed. "Just want you to be aware. . .(or something like this) The pretty committee has deemed grounds around some houses need weeds pulled, so some of you can expect a letter in the mail." Or "Everything looks good." Or she can be more specific and relay info that is just for "your ears." She's very good at it and we appreciate it. Paul and I are newbys to her list, and she asked us if we would be interested in, instead of payment, doing a bit of bartering. So, instead of accumulating a bill for her services, she would think about some things she needed done around the house, and when we came down in January, she would discuss it with us. (actually Paul. I'm not that accomplished. If at all.) So. . .
Alice sat down with Paul and wanted to know if he could build her some cabinets/computer desk/bookshelves in her spare third bedroom. I bet you know where all this is going. . .

This morning he's delivering the wall unit to her house. Our carport has been his workshop for several weeks. No one, who knows Paul, can be surprised at how beautiful it has become. In the beginning, Paul spent days (and nights when he'd wake up) just thinking about ideas for this project. Then he began putting his ideas down on paper. He met with Alice, several times, of course, to see if her ideas and his coincided. Then we window shopped for materials - my one lone service to this project - noting which ones "looked cheap" or those that were good but expensive, or those that were "just right." Reminded me of the Three Bears. Then. . .Back to Alice. And on to making the ideas into reality.

I walked over there this morning to see the progress - and there's no doubt about it. The job was a reminder to me of my husband's talent. And his pleasure in doing such things.
There's probably more happenin' in this neck o the woods, that I could write about . . .but I'm closing. . .What's happening in your neighborhood?

No comments: