The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

L.B., 3D, wait and see

Did you notice my title rhymes?
They say our "cold spell" will be ending the end part of this week. Wait and see.
Seems like I've just been busy this week doing the usual and sending out e-mails. Life has a tendency to jump out at you when you least expect it. Showtime is this weekend. Our lead singer in Lizzy Borden (L.B.) has stage fright and she can't remember the lyrics. It's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy and I'm wondering how this will end up at the show. I guess my favorite saying may be in order: It is what it is. Don't expect much.
Don't know if I mentioned in a previous blog, and I'm too lazy to reread, but we finally were able to go last night to see Avatar in 3D at the local movie theater. We'd gone last week and they were busy getting two theaters updated with 3D projectors and weren't showing Avatar til last Friday. All I can say is. . . wow. If you can go see it, DO.
Went with Bob and Marian to the early 6:00 show. 3D has come a long way from the 60's with their visual effects. I felt like I could actually reach out and touch. If you saw Avatar at a regular theater and have the opportunity to see it again in 3D. Do. I would see it again. It was that good. We went out for ice cream afterwards and had to sit outside because they were closing. I nearly froze. This is the Florida we know and love? But I will say again. . .I'd much rather be down here and not up in the snowy northlands.
That's all the news from here, folks. What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

2 comments:

Nancy Molden said...

Mom that's a terrible favorite saying! "It is what it is. Don't expect much." My goodness! Tell Paul to bring you some sunshine! :)

Mom said...

My goodness...I agree...what a stupid thing for me to say. Actually I meant - "It is what it is." So don't expect too much from this performance. I think I got the punctuation mark mixed up! I'm very sunshiny here. Really!