The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, February 4, 2012

My post just disappeared.  Good thing I hadn't written much.  I seem to hit a key on my laptop that erases everything.   Who knows.  Anyway. . . .  I'm pushing "save" every couple of lines.

I'm back!  Seems like ages since I last wrote.  

So - how're you all doin'? 

My trip to Chicago was wonderful - I had a non-stop two and a quarter hour flight up there.  It's been
ages since I'd been on a non-stop.  Plus there wasn't anyone in the middle seat!  How great can it get!


I had a nice visit too.  Dan was in San Diego for a conference.  Nancy was left with two little kids, a job, and no adult company since Monday night.  We enjoyed being with each other.  Vincent is five and a half now.  Evie is a year and four months - 16 months.  She's cute as a button - but poor thing, she had a cold which unfortunately got worse as the weekend progressed.  We picked her up at daycare on Thursday (a really nice place) and Vincent at his afterschool program.

 On Friday morning, Evie was doing pretty well, so Nancy put her back in daycare. 

Vincent had the day off (teacher conference) and he, and two other little guys, Nancy and I went to the Shedd Aquarium.   Nancy's brother-in-law, Robbie, who  works there, got us free tickets.  The boys and their parents are good friends of Nancy, Dan and Vincent.

About Robbie:  He graduated from college and pursued a life-long dream - to work with zoo animals.  This meant that he had to complete another  degree (two-year) beyond his bachelors.  He did that and was hired by Shedd.  Presently,  he and several others train the otters and the penguins.  These wild animals  need medical exams, etc.  requiring getting used to human touch.  So lots of  tricks we saw at the show were used for that reason. 

Our trip to the zoo:  Those three energetic little boys, two aged five and one - seven -   were here, there, everywhere.  They'd all been there several times,   so they felt at home.  Believe me -Nancy couldn't have done this on her own. 

Saturday was Nancy's fortieth birthday.  We went out to lunch and did some shopping.  Rather than come in on Sunday, Dan flew in to Chicago Saturday night and met her for her birthday.   They spent the night in the city.   Nancy had her sitter help me out.  The sitter stayed from Saturday morning to Sunday morning. The kids were super good.

Evie's cold came in full force on Sunday after Nancy and Dan got back -  and Evie kindly gave it to me.   I left for home with it on Monday morning.  She stayed home Monday with Dan.

So - what's happenin' in your neck o the wood?

















No comments: