The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, January 23, 2012

Looks like this'll be a busy week.  Paul and I leave to go North on Thursday - he'll drop me off at Tampa Airport where I'll take a plane to visit with Nancy.  We've been here a week today.  I had to really stop a minute and think when we got here.   Paul's northern trip will take him to Gainesville, approximately a two hundred mile trip.   Mine requires a winter coat.  Chicago, which is why I brought it from home.

 Gracie will go with Paul to meet up with Gus,  who is Greg, Noi, Brenan and NeeNee's new little dog - one year old Gus - part Shitzu (sp) and other small breeds.  They say he's so well behaved and good.  I'm very happy for them.  From his pictures on Facebook,  he looks sweet.  It's great having a dog around. 

It's been quiet around here.  We went to early church yesterday with Bob.  He's gone with us several times.  It's very nice - informal, in the fellowship hall.  People mostly sit at round tables and you have to get there early to "get a seat."  We did.  Bob and Paul got up to get us all some coffee.  I saw one of our favorite friendly Circlewoods ladies there, Betty, (age 87) who gave me a hug.  As Paul says, Betty always has a smile on her face.  Well,  she hadn't seen Bob, but thought it would be nice if he came to church with us some time.  It was nice we could oblige so quickly!

Epril and Bill went out Saturday night and didn't get in till really late.  Good.  I'm glad that they're getting out and about.

 They were eager to join us for breakfast at the Moose in Englewood, and so they met us there. The Moose club has a  reputation for very slow service.  One hour or more.  Ridiculous.  Perhaps because of it - there weren't as many people.  And our service was nice and quick.   We'd gotten our food just before they arrived, and they got served shortly thereafter.  Good service.  Good food. $6.00 for all you can eat on the extensive menu.  Bill and Bob got eggs benedict.  Paul - an omelet, Epril and I, the usual fare of eggs, bacon, sausage and toast.   I was contemplating adding french toast, but glad I didn't.  The eggs were enough.  Sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

Bill is going through classes to join the Catholic Church.  (Epril is Catholic.)  It's keeping him busy. He has classes one or two evenings a week, and  Sundays.   I suppose  his thinking was he wants to help her adjust and that's one way to do it.   She seems to be doing better and better.   He's quite attentive.

Cousin Alice is singing "Adelaide's Lament," from Guys and Dolls for our annual 2012 Showtime. I'm accompanying her.  So far,  I don't seem to have any others that I'll be working with, so it'll be an easy year.  We're getting together this afternoon to practice at her house.  She's to call me when she gets in.   Nancy was Adelaide in Guys and Dolls in high school so that song certainly brings back memories!

I called my friend, Carolyn, yesterday for her birthday.  She and her husband John, stay at the Plantation  Country Club, each year for three months.  This year they extended their stay by coming in mid-December.  We made plans for us to get together for dinner in February.  After all, January is coming to a close.

My friend Carol O.'s son, Brad, and his new wife are coming to visit for a couple of days from North Carolina.  Carol hasn't met his wife yet, so that's nice they could come.  She said they were driving straight through and arriving this morning.

Paul's putting in a new kitchen faucet.  We got it at Lowe's on Saturday.  The one coming out is the original.   It's been there since 1981 when  the house was built.  It  splashes you when you turn it on.  At least it does to me.  So I'm very happy. 

Guess that's all the news from the Woods.  How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: