The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Warm Sunny Days, Cool nights . . . .

Well - hello everyone from sunny Florida.  Yes.  We made it here all in one piece.  We've been here since Monday night (early Tuesday morning) - three days!  Paul and I both commented that the car trip from Sanford to Venice was longer than the flight from Elmira! We arrived around 9:45. We got in to Venice around 12:30 AM and got to sleep around 2.  Bill and Epril were waiting up for us.

But, let's back up a bit to the beginning of our trip.  Lue very kindly drove us the fifteen minute trip  to the airport. Thanks again, Lue! 

We gave Gracie her alloted 1/4 pill before we left home.  We figured she could use the peace and quiet to adjust to it.  It worked quite well.  She whined a little, when we put her in her travel case, as we got on the plane,  but she settled down as soon as she was under the seat and slept the whole two hour and fifteen minute flight.   When we got to the baggage claim, we found out that there were two other little dogs in the cabin.  I guess all three of them did well.

 We had a VW Jetta to drive  to Venice.  We took the toll road around, instead of I-4 through Orlando.  Paul commented that the tolls were almost as much as the car.  LOL But -  It did save us a lot of stress from driving in heavy traffic.

It doesn't seem possible that Epril has been here only three weeks.  So much has gone on for her.  The newness of it all.   I helped her cooked her first dinner last night: chicken cacciatore - a new recipe I had gotten from Cook.com. 

Remember - this was her first time cooking.  Except for her chocolate chip cookies with Aunt Alice last week.   Her comment after dinner was - she wished she'd snapped a picture of it to send to her mother!  We'll think of it next time.   Today we're going to make home-made brownies - I found my Grandma Lotte's recipe in my mother's cookbook.  I haven't made them in such a long time. Twenty or thirty years!   But I wrote about that in a recent post.

Yesterday, we four went to the pool.  It was Epril's first time.  She decided she preferred the pool to the hottub.  It was too hot. 

Cousin Alice has a Bible Study group here at Circlewoods.  I go.  It meets on Wednesdays.  Some ladies, who attend, were at the pool.  A while back,  I had asked them to pray for Epril because she hadn't arrived yet, and then more recently,  she's been going through an adjustment period.  It was heartwarming to see all the ladies who greeted her and knew of her situation.   They'll certainly mother her.  Good!  She needs that. 

My former husband, Neal, and his wife, Judy, have been sending e-mails out about their current trip to the Northpole.  No thank you.  I like the sun, the flowers, the warmth.  I understand they wanted to see the aurora borealis and are traveling over the northpole.   Good for them.  I'm glad they're enjoying themselves.  BUT - To each his own. 

My computer was not working right when we got back.  The Norton security was kaput, so I had to wait, with much appreciation, for Paul to get it up to snuff.   It's fine now.  I had 258 e-mails that I had to delete.  All the e-mails we get up north get added to this machine.  They were deleted up north, but obviously not here. 

Well, Bob and Paul are sitting outside on our patio.   Gracie and Martini are enjoying each other:
chasing birds, squirrels. 

That's all the news from the Woods.  How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: