The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hooray!  Hooray!  I think we have the problem fixed.  Paul disabled the touchpad which I guess I've been touching without knowing it - throwing my posts to the wind.  Now I can write and write and it won't disappear.  I don't promise my writing will improve or become more plentiful, but it will be more enjoyable for myself. 

My former mother-in-law died last week.  She passed away on my former husband's birthday.  She was 102. She lived in a nursing home for about a decade, but for the last four years she wasn't even aware of her surroundings   Her funeral was very small, with only close family members, near Albany NY.  If we'd been upstate, we'd have gone, but from here. . . it's just too far.  BUT -  Family members continue being family members long after the ties are no longer there.  She and I were related for 29 years. 

I went to Curves today.  I try to go three times a week, I can see Paul shaking his head. - and I agree.  It could be wishful thinking because some weeks get neglected.

 The Spectra's gas tank was just about empty.  Someone else (guess who) drives it mostly, so  I  decided that I needed to use the van.  (I did today)  It kind of spooks me because it's hard to get into. It's high and when I grip the steering wheel, it rolls a little towards me as I climb up.   But as soon as I started on my journey, the ride became quite comfortable.  It is just a matter of getting used to it.  The ride is so smooth - it's like riding in a cloud. 

So - I got in the car, started on my way, and noticed I didn't have my change of shoes with me, so I exercised in my socks.  I didn't return for the third time.  I'd left in the Spectra, turned around, and came home to change cars.  Worked out fine.  And I feel like I've started my day off well.   And now my computer is working great.  Whatta day!

I came home just in time for lunch. 

There's a little dog that barks in the condo development next door that often keeps up quite a racket.  It really bothers our next-door neighbors Crystal and Bob who live closest to it. We were eating and the little dog barked and barked.  And we both said someone should really do something about that yappy little dog! 

 Paul looked out front,  and it was Gracie making all the noise.  She'd snuck out.  Our neighbor on the other side of us, Linda, had brought her big old dog Fiona (looks like a cross between a greyhound and a pitbull - that's a striking combination isn't it?) out on a leash, and   that's what Gracie was barking at.  Linda saw some hawks in the sky eyeing Gracie.   So she brought her big old dog out to protect Gracie.   They won't swoop if they see bigger animals around.  That was a close one.  Paul and I both decided we have to be extra careful when we go out and Gracie has to get used to the idea that she's not to go out unless she's invited. 

I am nominally involved with Showtime this year.  Alice is having me accompany her on the piano while she sings Adelaide's Lament from Guys and Dolls.  It's kinda nice to have so much extra time to myself.  I'm enjoying the inactivity or I should say - the right to do what I want to do when I want to do it without having to worry about rehearsals..  I wouldn't say I'm not busy!

I didn't mention that Epril spent some time in the Emergency Room at the hospital during the time I was in Chicago.  It seems she was in a great deal of pain - an ovarian cyst.  She had an MRI.   Bill got the bill from the hospital and he's finding the down side of not having medical insurance.  He's due to go to the billing department today to see what they can do to eleviate his pain. 

So - guess that's all the news from the Woods Circle for now. 
How're things goin' up by you'all?

No comments: