The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, February 27, 2012

Sitting Back

It's been awhile.  Time is flying by.  Life happens . . . . even when you just sit back and watch. 

Thursday I started out with what seemed to be the flu, but I'd had my flu vaccination. BTW - if you don't get it, do get your flu shot..  I couldn't understand it.  I was achy, had a bad sore throat, began coughing.  Felt quite drowsy.    But,  nope.   I didn't have the flu.  I had inadvertantly  been drinking decaff coffee for the past several days.   Noting that - I immediately began my regiment of half-caff.   That eliminated the achy drowsy  feeling.  However, the sore throat and coughing continued.  That is now down to a dull roar and I'm feeling  better.  I had thought I was getting  a cold, but it hasn't materialized.   I've been sitting back.  Poor Paul - he hasn't been getting any hugs or kisses.  Nor did we go to church yesterday.

 Epril now has the same symptoms.  I've given her sucrets, left the bag on the table.  I noticed the bag is empty now.  Good.    I imagine she'll be susceptible to all sorts of things here.   She is doing okay.  It's amazing how many friends she's made.  It's nice to see that, as it's helping her homesickness. 

 Last Sunday, She and Bill went to Tampa to visit with a Facebook friend and her family for a Filipino tradition.  From what I understand, but I don't quite understand, so if I mess it up, I offer my apology:  this family was one of six chosen by their church to host "Mother Mary" (a statue) for a week during lent.  So, the statue goes to six houses (one each week), during which time the designated family kneel and pray to the statue each day for Mother Mary.  Epril mentioned at dinner that night that her mother will be happy to know about that trip to Tampa... I'm sure.

So I'm coughing now.  I'll go and take a sucret. . .I do have some extras. 
How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?   

No comments: