The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lotsa rehearsals, dinners

I always seem to start my posts about the weather. 

I don't know...perhaps so much of what we do here depends on it.  It's cloudy.  Hope it clears up so I can enjoy the pool later this afternoon.   Rain is scheduled for Saturday evening.  So far.  Great timing - as long as it isn't during the day. 

 Mid-afternoon, we have the second (of four)  whole-show Showtime rehearsal at the clubhouse.  Since Alice is the only one I have to help with, I won't be there too long.

 At the last rehearsal, the show's director gave me music for two other times - the finale, and a piece of music that looks like a Round.  The piece is handwritten (yuck). It's only the melody with chord names above.  I have to guess from the key signature what some notes are.    I've been working on the chords.  Not sure what that's for, perhaps I'll find out when I get there today.    The finale arrangement has the opposite problem: It's only chords. I am working on combining it with the melody.  The director usually works on that during the final rehearsals.


 We're going to practice earlier this afternoon,  at Alice's house because  we're "taking her act" to her church choir's annual dinner/entertainment  tomorrow night.   So, Paul is accompanying me (ha!).  Carol O. is going with  her friends Fran and John because John is singing with a group.  This is a big methodist church, and a big choir.  Lots of talent.

Lue's health problems are hanging on, but  seem to be getting better slowly.  We're thinking of you, Lue.  Hope you'll soon be completely well.  Carol O is feeling a lot better.  I guess time and accupunture solved her problem.  We even went to Curves yesterday. 

Nice Valentine's Day here.  Paul outdid himself - cooked steaks for everyone, made twice-baked potatoes - we invited Bob to join us. . .making it five for dinner.  Then last night, Wednesday night, we had another wonderful meal.  Bob and his son, Bobby, cooked a wonderful pork dinner.

Sunday,  Bobby's grown children, Bert and Nicolle (my great-niece and nephew) and her boyfriend, are coming here  from Tampa.  We're looking forward to seeing them. Haven't seen them in a couple of years. But we keep in touch via Facebook.  We'll have a cookout at our house because we've got a bigger table.

It's lunchtime and Paul's being very patient. 

That's all the news from this edge of the wood.
What's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: