The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Monday, January 10, 2011

What a lot of rigamarole!

No, we didn't know we needed to have our car inspected within 10 days after we got it registered. No. We can't let it go. They'd probably arrest us . Or more realistically, fine us for waiting til April.

Our mailman delivered the mail around 4:00 this afternoon, and the title and limited power of attorney was in it, so we went directly down to the DMV to get the car registered and new plates. It was 4:30 by the time we finished. That was when the clerk told us about the deadline of having it inspected. At that point in time, we didn't feel like finding a place to have it done.
Darn.

I spent a wasteful day . . . working on my holiday newsletter. That's right. I was busy before Christmas, and I decided to wait til after the holidays to get it out. Somehow I messed up the margins on the Windows program I used, and couldn't fix it. Luckily I'd gotten the newsletter written, printed out 40 copies, and felt really smug that I used the "cut and paste" option that my son Jil showed me in Florida.

I started putting them in the envelopes (I had also addressed on my computer) only to realize that my "cut and paste" didn't work right and I had some serious errors in my writing. I did proof read it too!. Another oh darn. I had thought I'd have the afternoon to pack up. But I spent a good amount of time working on the newsletter. The margins were all crazy too. So I couldn't work more on it. Luckily only about 10 copies were affected.

I was very cranky by suppertime. Paul and I went to the new Dandy minimart in Horseheads, and ordered a pizza. Took it home, and was it good! So - I'm no longer cranky.

We'll not be leaving tomorrow. The weather doesn't look good down south. Paul is getting the Toyota inspected. I have to pack. And do other things. The day wasn't a complete waste: I did do a couple of loads of wash - so our clothes are all clean.

I have a joke! Why won't the lobster share? He's shellfish. Ha!

So - that's all the news from here for now. How're things goin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: