The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Some days I have to think really hard what day of the week it is. For those of you who work, I imagine that's hard to believe. Today is Saturday, which means tomorrow is Sunday church. Duh. Who would have believed the week could go so fast.

Our little one was sick last night, so Paul and I spent the evening up and down out of bed. Washing her bedding. Changing them. Went to the vets this morning and she gave her two shots - for nausea and diarrhea. Fun info. . . . I know. She's fine now. . .but when she shows signs of illness (she weights only 2.5 lbs.), we worry. When she gets to mature, and turns a huge 5 lbs. we won't worry (as much.) She's learned if she sits by the back door, whines and "goes" outside, she'll get a treat. Now we have to go the other step and make her realize that it's the "goes" that gets the treat, not the go outside part.

It's been a quiet day here in Fla. The weather has turned cloudy and it seems like we're due for another rainy Sunday.

Brother Bob came over last night (Friday night) with a movie he got from the Blockbuster Box at Walmart. The movie was "2012". . .a disaster movie which had every possible natural disaster that could occur. (It was the end of the world.) Kind of corny, but entertaining. The three of us went to Outback for dinner. You can tell the Season is drawing to a close because we only waited about 5 minutes to be seated.

I went to Curves yesterday afternoon. I almost didn't. But fate intervened.
The reason I went was: When I walk, I wear a ball cap. My hairdresser said that I have a lot of hair, but it's thin. I inherited this lovely hair from my mother. My scalp will sunburn without the cap. Plus I sweat a lot which wets my hair. I inherited this trait from my father. The cap does a number on my hair. I was tired of this. But if I don't wear my hat, my hair will get a brassy color. So back to my story:
I went to Curves. In the afternoon. Not when I normally go. (In the morning. ) They close from 1-3:00 and open then, which is when I arrived. No cars out front. It was open. But the lady at the desk said after this time, at 6:30, they were closing for good. So if I hadn't gone at that time, if I had walked instead, I wouldn't have had a last chance to use it. Like saying good-by to an old friend. The owner is very ill. They had tried to get someone to take over the business, but couldn't get a buyer. The landlord finally said they had to leave. I felt really badly for them. Paul says when I join a Curves, it's like they're going to fail. Watkins Glen closed. I felt really bad for the owner. . . she was such a nice lady. Horseheads Curves moved. Twice. The last time a distance away from where we live, while I've been in Florida. I'll have to think about continuing my membership there. Perhaps this is the sign of the times. Everyone seems to find it hard making ends meet in this type of business. I'm not sure what I'll do when I return up north.

Ah. So - that's what's been happenin' in my neck of the woods. What's happenin' in yours?

No comments: