The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Quieting down time. . .

Things are calming down more and more. When we're out in the car, we're noticing less out-of-state licenses. It's true. The "High Season" is just about over with. Our weather is also getting to be summery. . . which means on the humid side. Good to have the a/c on. It's really a shame we had such cold weather for most of our time down here. (I always feel guilty when I criticize the Florida weather.)
We're getting ready for our 4-day cruise from Miami to Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. When I say "getting ready" I mean getting the paperwork done. It doesn't seem possible to go anywhere now adays (is that one word? don't know. obviously) without paperwork. Airlines, trains, motels, require it. Isn't that something about Spirit Airlines? Our last trip to Chicago was on Spirit and we had to pay for everything. Seats. Water. Now they want to charge for carry-ons? No way will we do that.
Puppy is sleeping near my feet. I worry about the castors on my computer chair. We have to be so careful. She's doing well. Sleeping in the bedroom with us, in her cage by the bed. She likes to be within touching distance, able to touch us. We close her in, so she'll tell us when she needs to go outside. She put up a racket last night when she first got closed in, and also when Paul brought her back after her bathroom break at 2 AM. He then said a stern NO! twice and she settled right down. I got up with her at 6:45. So. . .I've found she's creating a lot more vacuuming because of going out back into our common grass area. We all tend to track in leaves, sticks, dead grass and dirt. Good thing the lanaii has indoor-outdoor carpetting.
Last evening after supper while it was still light out, we took her outside in the front on the grass. She "performed" beautifully for our next-door neighbors. She was full of it. . .doing zoomies (where she ran and ran around and around in large figure eights, circles. ) and was full of vim and vigor. Tail wagging all the time. She's pretty quiet. With the exception of the above.
Guess I have to do some housework, so I'll close.
That's what's happenin' in this neck o' the woods. What's happenin' in yours?

No comments: