The Hunger Games Series Books 1-3.

  • Kindle books under $9.99 - I've read a lot of $1.99, $.99 ones
  • Nelson DeMille books
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Friday, February 5, 2010

Yesterday we finally, YES...finally got to the pool...We've only been here for three weeks. We got there after a great deal of anticipation (on my part). I say, on my part, because the only hottub in Circlewoods, at the clubhouse pool, where we like to go... is not working. Paul is very disappointed that it isn't going to be available...til late in the season, so they (the Board) say. Who knows.

Kind of change of subject in the same vein: I have decided to make my own rating system for pool time. Just like the newspapers use stars to designate films - 5 being the greatest, and 1 being the most utterly impossible horrible no good time. I'll use beach towels symbols. You have to imagine the symbols. Picture this: This was a 2-beach towel day. It was not cloudy til we got there. We didn't go in the water, but the air temp was okay, and we came home with a slight glow, as the sun shone thru the clouds, somewhat, and we didn't get any sunburn. I have to admit, it was our own fault: we got there at 3:00, so it was late. We had plenty of time beforehand to go, but got involved in other things. I hope it does portend good times to come, though.

Don't we have a lot of problems down here? May we always be so lucky.

I am managing to get to Curves as many days as possible...which means 3-4 times a week. My new doctor down here has said I am to walk, on the days that I don't go to Curves. Yesterday morning Paul and I walked to the Clubhouse and back. We'll continue (I'll continue) walking on the off-days. And I intend to stretch the walk further each time. I am trying to build up stamina in my legs.

We have an entrepreneur in the family. Cousin Alice who is down here full-time, has developed a sideline business of watching over snowbirds' houses when they go up north. When we decided to use her, she asked if we would be interested in bartering - using Paul's marvelous handy-man talents, instead of paying her monthly charge. She'd watch our house. He'd help her out someway. She's thinking about some new cabinets in her third-bedroom/computer-TV room. It's in the planning stages. Paul went to Lowes, Home Depot to check out supplies. She came this morning for coffee and conversation about it. He rode his bike to her house afterwards to measured the space. As I said - this is a project in the planning stages.

Mark hasn't shown up yet. His bed is all made up and the guest towels are in the bathroom. He had thought he'd be here Wednesday, but he didn't show up then, nor yesterday. Paul and I have figured out: We think he's waiting for Bob to come back from Pennsylvania. Bob is due back tomorrow night, late. It doesn't matter to us. When he's here, he' here.

What a lot of nothing I wrote about. Lots of irons in the fire. Next time more will be happenin'.
Perhaps more pool time.

So - what's happenin' in your neck o' the woods?

No comments: